need help with new dual processor card

HI Guys ,need help bought a dfi expert and one of the new asus en 7800gt dual processor cards.Managed to get the system up and running after some initial messing about with ram slots and operating system not being detected.

Was impressed with what seemed like a very good system compared to my last pc until i benched it.Tried 3dmark 2003 as i had it handy and looks like im getting about the same marks as a single 7800 gt.The book with the asus card is hopeless and its hard to get information on this card and exactly what the problem is.Iv tried both pci-e slots switching to sli in bios changing the pci -e motherboard timings updated chipset drivers etc etc still no luck.

I havnt updated my bios to the latest version as this always makes me nervous first time with new board but i see no changelogs for dual processor graphic card support.Im sure its something simple and not a problem with the card just compatibility.Any ideas as its like hitting your head against a wall :shake:

From Tom's Hardware

"The second hurdle is the driver; only the 77.77 graphics driver from Asus (found on the CD) will get the cards up and running. Installing NVIDIA's reference driver instead will handicap the SLI configuration - only one chip on one of the cards will actually run. Additionally, only one card should be installed at first."

"When only one board is installed, the Extreme 7800 GT Dual acts like a normal single-chip card - it just has twice the power. Its benchmark results reach the same level as that of a GT SLI configuration. Once the first card is working, the next step is rebooting Windows and installing the second card. This is the moment of truth, but Windows XP recognized two more GT graphics chips. Prompted by the Device Manager, the Asus driver then proceeded to initialize itself two more times, once for each new chip. In total, Windows then reported three operational GeForce 7800 GTs. The master card is always detected as a single card, the slave card on the other hand shows off the two graphics chips of its Dual board."

http://www.tomshardware.com/2005/12/14/sne...etup/page2.html

:sad: Hi guys,

Thanks to all who have posted offering help.Iv got the proper asus driver installed just in case theres a problem with the newer drivers ,tried enabling sli in the bios but have no option to go to sli in the driver.

Perhaps it needs to see two cards in two seperate slots to enable it normally.So was wondering if some bios update might be needed.Theres an option in the expert bios to enable dual 6800gt support.I know this card is a bit older but obviously an option has been written into the bios for it.Perhaps if anybody has updated an expert bios could you post back if you see an option to enable dual 7800gt support.

Tried everything thats been mentioned here and still no luck scores still the same as standard 7800 gt.

Anyway il keep looking ,thanks again guys :angel:

Hi guys ,sorry havnt posted been fighting with random shutdowns as well as trying to get this card to work .Arghhhh.The joys of computing.

OK kept with original asus driver configured the bios with sli to auto still no luck.Not sure if sli has to be working for this card to work to its full potential.As its essentially two cards in one slot.

But if anyone has the more recent bios could you check to see if theres an option for enabling dual 7800 gt card support .Many thanks guys.No help from asus at present so not sure if this card is supported for this board even tho iv been told that it is from where i bought the card at komplett uk.Confusion sux :nod: