Getting extra memory settings

DilipH

I would think you (Resonance) could get MUCH more out of yours. Probably along the lines of 2700+. If your Ram does not like 270X10, use the divider to keep it within the range it does like. Once you get up above 260, you should drop the HTT to 3X.

Yes. Your HTT is the FSB x 2 (what your DDR speed would be without the divider) times the HTT multi. I assume you found the divider you were looking for?

I updated to the 6/23-2. After shut down I restarted it and HD1 has moved from IDE master to IDE slave???

And, The wireless network is out of reach... will reload the 623-3 bios to see if it works out better...

That is weird. Did you set your boot priority for the hard drives? Each time you reflash, make sure to clear the cmos by pulling the power cord and moving the jumper on the board for atleast 1 minute. After moving the jumper back, go to the cmos and load optimized defaults. Restart. Go back in and start going through ALL of the settings one by one. Set the date and time, etc... and make sure the computer boots properly into windows before playing with overclocks again. Hope this helps, keep us informed and good luck.

Hi

Yes, I did clear the CMOS and saved then went back in and checked the priority of the drives etc etc...

haven't overclocked it back up yet... first trying to sort out the missing wifi for internet connection. It is puzzling as it says its found (in windows) sometimes but can't connect to it because windows can't find it in the connection wizard...

Have even gone into google before it says there is no wireless network connection and then the next thing google says the usual 'could not find... make sure you're connected to the internet'

If i cleared the CMOS (using the jumper) i should have to reset the date & time right??? because i can't remember doing this...

has anyone seen this symbol just before where windows boots up (the windows screen with dots moving left to right):

Be|o$

because this is where the computer hangs unless i go into bios load optimised defaults and reset then restart and go into bios to disable sound and the mac lan options...

does that sign stand for BeOS???

STRANGE!!!

this is with the 623-2 bios from the bootable CD off these forums...

Bump... Anyone??? or is it just me seeing things???

Anyway... pressing on and on towards the 3G mark....

Have the Opteron now sitting at 2.85GHz, have done Prime95, Super Pi and some others listed under the overclocking utilities on this forum.

Did the above for approx 10 hours with temps on MBM 5 @ 52-59 oC and IT SmartGuardian reporting @ 44-46 oC

The MBM readings are fluctuating between 59 and 45+ (46-47) from one moment to the next so I am not taking this reading too seriously...

I did download the DFI settings for MBM (around nine parts to put into the folder)

I am still learning but, 300FSB doesn't go too well at the mo, maybe HTT ratio was over the 2000 mark, but with the multi at 10, I am on 285FSB with a 166 memory divider.

The interesting thing is... the Patriot XBLK memory doesnt want to go over 250??? so, 2nite im going to take the cpu multiplier down to 4x and then see what the max for the ram is...

questions: is it ok to put more than 2.9V through the Patriots - will it make a difference??? I read that they like between 2.6 and 2.9V but with loose timings I should get more out of the memory right? They are rated 2-2-2-5 @ 200MHz

Thanks

I cant say I ever noticed those symbols during the boot sequence. I wonder if it may be video card related.

Anyhow, I am glad to see you got what you were looking for. I actually just flashed my bios to the 704-2 and have noticed lower temps and voltages required for the same overclocks.

As for your HTT multi, it should be set to 3 with the settings you posted. Set your ram to 2.5-3-3-6 with 2.6V and run memtest. If you get errors see if upping the voltage helps. I noticed when I went from 2.7-2.8V I got more errors, so I dropped it to 2.6V and had no errors after raising the Cas to 3 (3-3-3-8). When it comes to your memory, you may be able to get help from your Mem manufacturer. OCZ has been most helpfull in helping me overclock my ram (I couldnt believe it myself). Good luck.