Getting extra memory settings

DilipH

Hello all, This is my first posting so please help. I have flashed my bios to the FX60 test beta bios hoping that I could find memory dividers such as 5/4 or 3/2 but they are not available... I also looked under the 6/23/05 bios.

Which bios revision has these and secondly, what is the best current bios for Samsung TCCD memory chips?

Thanks

I have read many users putting their dividers in bios to something like 5:4... How do you do this, or which bios version shows these type of dividers...

The reason I'm asking is that I have an Opteron 146 CABNE 0545 and an Opteron 144 CAB2E 0540 and I need to sell one of them so, I want to know which one clocks higher...

I want to keep the memory around 200MHz and see how far the CPU's will go.

Anyone???

I know my bios (see sig) has dividers for 9/10, 5/6 etc... under the FSB ratio (by default it is an auto setting). My ram likes nothing more than 220 mhz being a 2x1gig (2gig dual channel kit), but my 2x512 was running strong and stable at 240mhz at a 1:1 setting. At 250x10 with a 5/6 divider, my ram was running 220mhz and processor at 2500mhz just to give you an example. You should be able to select one of the dividers to keep your ram at 220 or less and increase the FSB up to whatever you want to get the overall clock to. I am sure your 2x512 kit should have no problems with a 220mhz setting. If you are to lazy to do the math, you can check the ram frequency after the divider through memtest, but a 5/6 divider should be fine. Remember, 5 is what the ram will run compared to the 6 the processor is running. DONT FORGET TO DROP THE HTT MULTI. At 250x10, the HTT multi should be changed from auto to 4 which keeps it at 2000mhz HTT. Remember, 250 at ddr is 500. 500 x the HTT multi gives you the HTT speed. It is recommended to keep the HTT between 1800 and 2000 if I remember correctly. There is no gain in having a huge HTT speed, and too much could damage the onboard memory controller.

We have the same boards, but you changed the bios. I know for sure the option is in the 6/23/05 bios. Maybe your not looking in the right setting? Maybe I am not telling you the right setting to change? It is there either under the genuine bios area, or under the ram settings in the genuine bios. I cant remember off the top of my head. If it's not in your bios revision, go back to the 6/23/05 bios. I have had great luck with it thus far.

OK - Got into windows @2.71GHz but the temps were too high... 43 oc idle :drool:

but, the room is 32ish so im keeping the timings relaxed for now... back down to 2.5

ghz...

There is a formula for this isn't there... HTT and multipliers etc to keep the HTT close to 2k as possible...

Yes sir. The 9.5 Multi has no play in the HTT, just overall CPU speed. But I hoenstly think you can go with 250X10 without a problem. Just set your VID to 1.5 and the special value to %110 giving you 1.6V to the CPU. If your ram is handling the setting of 250 with the divider, you can get 2500 out of her.