How Do I go about flashing my BIOS if i do not have a supported CPU?

How can I flash my BIOS when my cpu isn't supported or i do not have a cpu at all?

(my original CPU was DOA, AMD is RMAing it for me)

maybe i'll have to end up getting a second cpu that is supported, using that to flash my BIOS and then giving it to my father so he can build a new computer himself. or maybe PC Warehouse or CompUSA (would love to avoid going to CompUSA) will do it for a small fee. or maybe i can somehow ask DFI for a BIOS chip with the latest BIOS on it.

You are just going to have to be patient and wait for your new CPU to arrive.

You can't flash your BIOS without a CPU installed. When you've got your new CPU and you're ready to update your BIOS use T-Mods BIOS flash CD. You can get it here at the Street.

You CAN buy a Bios Chip preflashed to your Bios of Choice from member Tmod while you are waiting. His service is outstanding and very fast. You may want to buy two chips as it's always great to have a spare.

You CAN buy a Bios Chip preflashed to your Bios of Choice from member Tmod while you are waiting. His service is outstanding and very fast. You may want to buy two chips as it's always great to have a spare.

True that or you can ship off your bios chip to DFI and they can flash it if needed. I would think that the one in your sig is compatable though what CPU are you talking about?

now, if i do buy a new BIOS chip preflashed to the BIOS i want, how easy would it be for me to install it? just pull the other one out and plug that one in? this is all for the Infinity SLI board. how much would it run me in money?

True that or you can ship off your bios chip to DFI and they can flash it if needed. I would think that the one in your sig is compatable though what CPU are you talking about?

nope, the board needs a BIOS flash to support San Diego and Venice core Processors...in which i only own a San Diego core Processor

Thanks for the replys