The Time Has Come 4 My DFI 2 R.I.P

Hello All DFI user's,

I have had an unresolved issue with my dfi MoBo since 1 month after purchase, that issue is that the PS/2 port stop working and the only way to get it back is to reset Cmos, but this don’t always work, not even after 3 months of leaving it in the clear Cmos position lol yes it true, then another time 10 minutes will suffice, well it lasted 1 month this time and turned it on this morning and no mouse again, so I give up going to get me an Abit AN8 SLi Fatal1ty nForce4 SLi and hope that gives me more joy!

I would like to thank everyone who takes the time to help other in trouble on here; this is the best support forum in the world and the most patient to boot, I wish you all the best for 2006, and who knows if I get the DFI LanParty NF4 SLI-DR EXPERT I may be back sooner than I thought! :drool:

Hello All DFI user's,

I have had an unresolved issue with my dfi MoBo since 1 month after purchase, that issue is that the PS/2 port stop working and the only way to get it back is to reset Cmos, but this don’t always work, not even after 3 months of leaving it in the clear Cmos position lol yes it true, then another time 10 minutes will suffice, well it lasted 1 month this time and turned it on this morning and no mouse again, so I give up going to get me an Abit AN8 SLi Fatal1ty nForce4 SLi and hope that gives me more joy!

I would like to thank everyone who takes the time to help other in trouble on here; this is the best support forum in the world and the most patient to boot, I wish you all the best for 2006, and who knows if I get the DFI LanParty NF4 SLI-DR EXPERT I may be back sooner than I thought! :drool:

Some of the earlier boards have weird problems....if I were you I'd RMA, buy new SLI-DR and then sell the one you get back from RMA....I am about to do this myself after building another SLI-DR system and it seems the newer SLI-DR didn;t have some of the quirky problems the newer batches had.

My $.02

Well I just RMA'd my Ultra-D and they actually sent back the same hardware! Not only that but it had the same problems it had before shipping it to them. I even got new RAM and tried a different CPU.

I was very upset when I emailed and their response was "it passed our tests, it must be another component" and that I could send them the board with all of my components and they could test them for me...WTF!?

I started to write a long hateful email then decided to just give it up. I'll go with another vendor and either sell this on Ebay or junk it. I would feel bad selling a board I knew was faulty.

I am very dissappointed. A vendor sending back faulty hardware after I paid money to have it shipped for RMA, thats just crappy.

-jd

Give it up guys!

There is no pleasing plantj when he's been offered to send his entire setup to AG for testing at no cost but turns it down.

The fact that the board passed tech at DFI is a solid indicator that the board is 100% otherwise he would have been sent a new board that also passed 100%.

Well I just RMA'd my Ultra-D and they actually sent back the same hardware! Not only that but it had the same problems it had before shipping it to them. I even got new RAM and tried a different CPU.

I was very upset when I emailed and their response was "it passed our tests, it must be another component" and that I could send them the board with all of my components and they could test them for me...WTF!?

I started to write a long hateful email then decided to just give it up. I'll go with another vendor and either sell this on Ebay or junk it. I would feel bad selling a board I knew was faulty.

I am very dissappointed. A vendor sending back faulty hardware after I paid money to have it shipped for RMA, thats just crappy.

-jd