Urgent Help - Everything playing fast!

Right, Got my CACJE & BH5's running @ 260 x 10, etc but all of a sudden all my sounds and movies are playing super fast speeds! Sounds like smurfs - even system sounds!

Re-installed drivers for soundcard, etc to no avail - tried board drivers, and still no luck! Also tried setting back to stock speeds, but STILL no luck.

Also i have noticed that it now takes AGES (like 60+ seconds) for windows to get to the desktop after seeing the bootup logo, as apposed to a few seconds... It just waits at a black screen. Any ideas on that one too?

Anyone shed any light?

Dean

Hmmm...

What I would do is sorta break it down into smaller sections for easier testing. Like... Take your ram and put it in a different computer to make sure they still work.

Try known working ram, pci sound card, and hard drive with a known working windows setup.

On a side note:

Make sure you have all the extra power plugs in the mobo.

Re-Formatted and installed XP AGAIN (With SP2) With a known working version.

Updated all drivers, Set CPU & Memory @ Default speeds.

All plugs are in correctly, etc, as it was working PERFECTLY, then all of a sudden it went like this. Nothing was touched, changed or otherwise...

Tried all codecs, but the actual sound and video files are playing FAST. Like, the counter on audio / video are going @ 10 speed :(

Any more ideas?

BIOS update?

I don't have a sound card or other RAM :(

Dean

FOUND THE PROBLEM!

That dodgy stick of ram i repaired was the problem, but i never thought it was because i took it out and tested it too... However, on CLOSE inspection of the DIMM slot i was using, one of the contacts had come off the memory and was left in the slot! TINY little piece of metal, shorting the 2 end pins! Although there was no memory in the slot, the metal WAS!

Jesus! My lovley BH-5 gone BANG!

Can i repair it? :D

Deano