Ultra-D Post Problems

For the last couple of months I have been using my rig that is in my sig. It has provided no problems for close to 6 months. I left on vacation and when I came back it refuses to post. It id currently stuck at the 3rd LED which indicates a memory problem. I have tested my OCZ memory in my other computers and they seem to work fine with no problems. I have also tried my memory from my other computers into this one and it still refuses to post and is stuck at the third LED.

I know that this seems to be a common problem and there are other people that are having the same problems. I have read those threads but seem to be unable to get it to post. I am unable to test out the cpu and graphics card because I don't have another computer that has 939 or PCI-E. I have done a 30 second CMOS Clear but that didn't seem to fix my problem. If anyone has any suggestions I would love them.

OK just did a 15 minute clear. Did everything up to the point of where I hold down insert. I held it down for about 2 minutes and never got a beep to continue and press delete. Does that mean I need to do an 8 hour or will clearing the cmos have no effect on this in the long run?

OK just did a 15 minute clear. Did everything up to the point of where I hold down insert. I held it down for about 2 minutes and never got a beep to continue and press delete. Does that mean I need to do an 8 hour or will clearing the cmos have no effect on this in the long run?

Sometimes a long clear helps in this situation..

Do you know which bios version your using ?

You only had one stick of mem in right ?

I would try the same thing again but this time install one stick of mem in the top yellow slot just to see if it makes a difference..

When you say stuck on the third led...how many stay lit?

Ya the third one stays lit. In the other threads that I have read have said that its a problem with memory.

I am still using the current defualt Bios. At one point I had one recomemded by DFI but it didn't seem to work for me so I reverted back to the orginal.

Yes, I only had one stick of memory in when I did this.

My timer for the 15 minutes is about up so I am going to try and use one stick in the orange slot one more time and then goign to try a 15 min clear in the yellow slot. And I guess I will also try a 8 hour clear after that.

So how many stay lit?

Here is how you read the led's. So do 3 out of 4 led's stay on?

4 LEDs on = Power applied

3 LEDs on = CPU has been detected OK

2 LEDs on = RAM has been detected OK

1 LED on = VGA has been detected OK

0 LEDs on = System has booted to the Operating System.

As long as you are in the BIOS including running memtest from the BIOS option, there will be one LED on.