Zalman and AS5

Crazy Drummer69

My load temps used to be about 44 C when I OCed to 2.4Ghz from 2.0Ghz on stock cooling. My new load temp is 34 C :) I recommend Arctice Silver 5 (obviously lol) and the Zalman CNPS 7700-Cu heatsink (comes with a 120mm fan so it's quiet).

for the same price as that you get a thermalright Xp 90 and a 92mm fan, much better cooling (IMO and i think lots of people here too)

Have you actualy tryed one out?

Not everyone needs to be in the same herd. Might look at this test the Zalman came in ahead oif the X-90 and I bet it was quieter I did not bother reading it all. Call me crazy but I hate clip on heatsinks.

http://www.behardware.com/articles/568-29/...pu-coolers.html

The XP is a good cheap heatsink and a safe bet but not automaticly the best for everyone.

The Zalman is a bit pricier, but I always had better luck with it personally. I totally agree with Joe about the clip-on desings too, stupid idea as far as I'm concerned. The bolt-through zalman 7700cu feels much more solid than my XP-120 ever was.

true that the clip ons are crappy, but i liked the xp90 better than my zalman until i blew it up with my opteron, lol, now my Sandy keeps cool under a Thermaltake Golden Orb II( cheaper than the zalmans and i like the fin design better on the TT)