PROBLEM!!! HELP!!! Urgent!

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like you're running the 11.27.3 BIOS. Have you thought about downloading Tmod's BIOS/utility CD .iso, and burning the image to CD? You could use Memtest86 on it to check for errors with your RAM and the timings you've got setup so far. Also, I'm wondering if there's going to be a better BIOS for your rig..?

Can you take a look at your RAM sticks and post what the part numbers are for one of the chips on one of the sticks in here? I'm wondering if you have DT-D43 type RAM chips, or maybe something else? Finding out what chips are on your RAM sticks might help narrow down a better/best BIOS for you memory sticks, as well as timings and voltage for them. You could also try just using one memory stick and run Memtest86 for errors, then if that's looking okay go ahead and start installing.

Besides that, what you've tried so far? What order are you installing the nVidia chipset drivers, the nVidia video card drivers, and/or DirectX versions if you're installing updating those? I've had the best luck with proceeding in this manner - Use one RAM stick, check for errors with test #5 in Memtest86 (at least 5-10 passes of test #5), if you're getting no errors, then go ahead with installing WinXP. After WinXP is installed (try just using basic WinXP or SP1, stay away from SP2 for now), then install the nVidia chipset drivers (without installing the SW-IDE drivers), then install the nVidia video card/AGP drivers. Don't update DirectX unless you really seem to need to. If you seem to need to update DirectX (and depending on what version is already installed with WinXP) install it right after you're done with installing WinXP, and before you proceed to installing any nVidia drivers.

Unsure if any of that will help...

Best to you.

Yeah, bios 11.27.03. I don't know anything about bios flashing but i might give it a try. As for my ram sticks, they are the same type so if i used 2 it would enable dual channel. The info on the ram are...

hynix korea 03

Pc2100U-25330 0246

HYMD232646A8-H AA

256MB DDR 266Mhz CL2.5

and the chips say

hynix 245A

HY5DU56822AT-H

Korea

I don't know how to use memtest so can you give me a direction to start on that? As for the drivers installation, I don't install the nvidia ide sw because ive tried once and it slows down my system. Ive installed the unified drivers first then the video card drivers and no luck. For Sp2 i can't even get into windows after a fresh install of it, so therefore theres no way i can install any drivers anyway. As for directx, for basic winxp and sp1 its 9c. I have no idea what comes preinstalled with my sp2.

-edit

oh yeah, im just looking for a stable rig. No need for overclock or anything :)

Hmm. Looks like you have a 2600+ Barton, 166MHz/333DDR FSB CPU..? And also 133MHz/266DDR RAM, eh...?

That is correct.

BTW i just reinstalled windows and updating to sp1 now. I will install the unified nf2 drivers w/o sw-ide after its done. Then I will install the latest video card drivers for the ati radeon 9000pro to see if that card works OR should i try my geforce4 mx460? I'm also itching to know which of my cheapo cards is better. :P

Seems like the ati radeon 9000pro works. I'm on win2k sp4 right now and i must say its a lot more stable than any of the winxp's. I've tried my gf4 fx5500 on win2k sp4 and still no luck. I guess its the hardware/drivers conflicting with my mobo. From gf4 fx5500 to ati radeon 9000pro is such a huge degrade because of my radeon is only 64mb agp4x. Can anyone recommend cards that are known to work on the LP NF2 Ultra B for SURE?

oh btw im trying to get onboard sound to work on win2k sp4 what drivers should i use. It's not working right now even when installed from the unified nforce drivers. Ive also tried the audio drivers separately from that site.

Hmm that memory, I have no idea what it is.

I had these from an old txt from way back when I was looking for memory:

HY5DU56822BT-D43 256MB 256Mb 8 3-3-3 - 0251A

HY5DU56822BT-D43 256MB 256Mb 8 3-3-3 ECC 0251A

HY5DU56822BT-D43 512MB 256Mb 8 3-3-3 - 0251A

HY5DU56822BT-D43 512MB 256Mb 8 3-3-3 ECC 0251A

Notice they look alot liek your mmeory, but they defeantly are'nt though.

You said:

hynix 245A

HY5DU56822AT-H

I'm guessing your's is 333mhz in any case, maybe it is 266 though.

Anyways there is others though that have working, lower grade fx vga cards...

What I mean is stuff like 5600's and lower, the boards came out around hat time so I would assume that they are compatible.

I have somewhat simuler probs with my older boards except for my quadro4.

You probs were a tad bit diffrent then mine so defently check the stability of the rig as a whole without doing gaming.

Anyways I think it's a timing issue because of others results, and the time period that that card came out and these boards.

Those 3 alpha's I listed were the ones I had probs with on video.

As for the sound...

They should work out jst fine...

That's wierd.

It's not bsod'ing when you install the driver is it?

I've had that happen with my older custom drivers, I fixed that issue on my end.

Even the nf4 drivers, or intel drivers work on this board btw.

In any case, might as well take the step up to xp ;).

We allready know that 2k pro is'nt gonna help, might as well get to the nrom for now until the issue is figuered out.

That way you can get sound working at least(or I hope, still 2k should'nt be having probs but whatever).

If you wanna check right now, before you upgrade, would'nt be a bad idea because who cares if 2kpro bsod's right now from the nv card.

Try the 3-6-6 timings at the end of the alpha's.

Ie, tREXT, tR2P, tR2W.

Write down those 3 on a piece of paper, look in the bios for them and change them to 3-6-6.

Ie:

tREXT: 3

tR2P: 6

tR2W: 6

Then try the video card again.

I really hope that helps out.

Alright ill try those memory timings. btw just wonder are they for the video card memory or ddr memory? just wondering what they're for. i think mine are set on like 3, 3, 3. Optimum settings.

When i try to install the drivers for my onboard sound in this win2k sp4 os it says unable to install because data is invalid or something?!? The drivers from the nvidia site dont work either.

I did look up Hynix reference timings for your RAM. It looks like 133MHz/266DDR RAM,

the recommended voltage range is 2.5 +/- 0.2v. So basically you'd be looking at 2.5

to 2.7v for the RAM. I'd set it at 2.6v.

As far as timings go...

tRAS - 6 (or 7)

tRCD-R - 3

tRCD-W - 3

tRP - 3

CAS - 2.5

tRC - 9

tRFC - 10

(the Alphas are below here, unsure if you have access to them with the 11.27.3 BIOS)

tDOE - 3

tRRD - 2

tW2P - 4

tW2R - 3

tREXT - 2

tR2P - 2

tR2W - 3

If you have access to them, you may want to try the specific Alpha timing settings

NEO was mentioning and see if that does anything. Otherwise, the rest ought to be

about what you'd be looking at for that RAM.