Not enough power?

The nvidia util is telling me I don't have enough power to run my graphics card. I have a pci-x module from my PSU plugged directly into card. My specs are shown in my sig, is my PSU not capable of running all this hardware? Sometimes I get reboots also. I noticed 2 female connectors on the board, the one IDE devices normally use and the one that floppy drives normally use. Should I be plugging power into these connectors?

Thanks in advance

tooner

I noticed 2 female connectors on the board, the one IDE devices normally use and the one that floppy drives normally use. Should I be plugging power into these connectors?

Thanks in advance

tooner

YES. plug them both in.

Sam C

You should have enough that is a popular PSU here though not the best. Make sure you have very good connections. Look at the volts in bios with ITE or better yet a multi meter. you could try to unplug the other devices and see if that helps do you ahve the latest drivers?

All my drivers are up to date, I dual boot xp32 and xp64 and the problem is the same in both installs. My 5 hard disks don't spin down because I heard this shortens the length of life of your disks and in 8 years I've used alot of different disks and not had one failure yet. I'm not really sure how the nvidia tool works.. any ideas how I increase the power once it has reduced it? Anywhere within windows to see how much power it's using or requires?

Thanks

tooner