Modded Bios For DFI NF4X-Infinity

why no one seems to care bout DFI NF4X Infinity.......i think it is a value mobo with high performance especially fo OC....i could reach 2470 from def 1400 with my sempron 2500+ and DFI NF4x infinity.....unfortunately there's some bug in the bios.....Is there any modded bios for me???? :(

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

unfortunately there's some bug in the bios

The only way anyone can fix a problem is if they are told what the problem is.

A description that states a bug in the bios does not really tell us what the problem is.

So what are your concerns with the bios for your system?

Tmod

1. some bug with my twinmosPC3500 BH5 2*256....it cannot work with 1T and there is error if i use 2 memory...besides, if i use 2.5-4-4-9 to reach high HTT my computer won't boot anymore

2. CPU temperature is up and down very quick

3. something wrong with voltage sensor

4. if i set HTT between 353-357, in CPUZ, Everest, CPUID always show HTT 358....so there's missing HTT between 353-357

5. I connot monitor my cpu temp, cos in ITE smart guardian, speedfan, n everest i cannot choose which is the cpu temp...

sorry 4 my bad english..... thanx 4 ur help

pejantan,

That list there would require a reworked bios from DFI as a bios modder has limited capability's.

You may want to shoot a e-mail off to DFI and let them know that you are having issues with this.

Also being that the board is new I am sure there will be plenty of releases to follow.

Sorry I couldn't help.

Tmod

thanx Tmod.....i've sent them an email and i don't get the answer...(see below)

Dear Customer,

Thank you for taking time submit us the query again! For our NVIDIA based Infinity series provide two applications for monitor system health: SmartGuardian & nTune Monitor. SmartGuardian primarily monitor the board IO controller for temperature and voltage of system sensor. nTune Monitor monitors the major part system information including the CPU temperature, FYR.

Best,

-------------------------------------------------------------

DFI Technical Support Team

100 Huan-Ho St., Hsi-Chih City, Taipei, Taiwan, R. O. C.

http://www.dfi.com

Tel: +886-2-2694-2986

Fax: +886-2-2694-3226

BBS: +886-2-2694-3217

E-mail: [email protected]

Issue NBR:

From: Sismadi Siss [mailto:[email protected]] Sent: Tuesday, December 06, 2005 3:43 PMTo: Tech Support [DFITS]Subject: Re: DFI NF4X-Infinity - 0543009-655

ur new beta bios is work for my system, more stable, good job guys...:)http://us.dfi.com.tw/Upload/BIOS/CK8XDVGA.zip

but unfortunately....

1. it doesn't fix the cpu temp problem.......and

2.last night i found some bug with my twinmos BH5 2*256....it cannot work with 1T and there is error if i use 2 memory...

3. is there any major improvement in DFI NF4X PCB Rev B.......what 's the different between PCB Rev A

sorry 4 my bad english.....it just a little support for DFI so i hope the bug will be fixed soonthanx

On 10/18/05, Sismadi Siss < [email protected]> wrote:

thanx for the support.....i've tried to extract the file.....but ihaven't see the CPU temperatur (most important 4 me)....there's onlysystem 1 and system 2......from this 2 sensor, which is reflecting theCPU temp??? is there any new beta bios or modded bios for this board??? thanx

---------- Forwarded message ----------From: Tech Support [DFITS] Date: Oct 14, 2005 5:29 PMSubject: RE: DFI NF4X-Infinity - 0543009-655 To: [email protected]

Dear Customer,

Thank you for submitting us the query. Please download our BETAapplication for your trial, and also feedback us the hardware monitor utility if it's work properly.

Thanks in advance.

http://www.dfi.com.tw/Upload/Driver/ITE_SG_050429.zip

Best,

DFI Technical Support Team

100 Huan-Ho St., Hsi-Chih City, Taipei, Taiwan, R. O. C.

http://www.dfi.com

Tel: +886-2-2694-2986

Fax: +886-2-2694-3226

BBS: +886-2-2694-3217

E-mail: [email protected]

thanx Tmod.....i've sent them an email and i don't get the answer...(see below)

Well the only issue they addressed was the temp one.

They want you to download the BETA version of a temp monitor ultility from the bottom link.

I was thinking you were referring to the temp in the bios and not what a program was giving you.

Am I correct in my guess?

Tmod

from the 1st time i sent them an email, i brought some issue...temperature sensor, voltage sensor, stability and software monitoring.......i told them that i've tried using speedfan, everest,MBM5, and ITE, but all of the software give me different result.....the beta version that they give to me didn't fixed the isuue and then..... i have a conclution that the problem is in the bios....it proved after i flash using newest beta bios, now my system is more stable...that why i ask the a question below:

1. it doesn't fix the cpu temp problem.......and

2.last night i found some bug with my twinmos BH5 2*256....it cannot work with 1T and there is error if i use 2 memory...

3. is there any major improvement in DFI NF4X PCB Rev B.......what 's the different between PCB Rev A

maybe because of my english, so they cannot take the point :(

maybe because of my english, so they cannot take the point

Well I understood what you were referring to.

You may just want to hang in there and wait for a new bios release as I am sure you are not the only one to report this problem.

Also keep in mind though that the temp reading may not always be exactly as you want it as it is software that is reporting it regardless of the sensor.

Maybe soundx98 could help you in making MBM5 more accurate for your system.

Tmod

I have also this problem. Bad monitoring temperature, i can`t change rpm on chipset fan a bad 2:1 divider.

I can`t hit HTT over 345 HTT with divider 2:1. HTT 2x.

And with 3:2 a i can go over 345HTT, but my ram isn`t good.

Bios display this with 2:1 divider when htt is over 345 :

dfi2.jpg

I have last bios form 19/10/2005.

But i don`t understand this: http://www.dfi.com.tw/Support/Download/bio..._FLAG=B&SITE=US

I needn`t in bios: Support Dual 6600GT GPU on single PCI-Express Card Enable SLI Mode.

I don`t buy this mobo for stupid support dual gpu.

Sry for my english. I hope that you understand that i think :rolleyes:

it is quite fustrating that they would find a way to support dual gpu but have yet to fix the temp issue. the System temp ranges anywhere from 17-20C and 254C which i understand is what happens for those that are on phase change. you just figure the difference between that and 0 so my temp would be -6C on air. highly doubtful.

as for the question posed here about the difference between Rev. A and B. does anyone know? is anyone with Rev. B having this temp issue? if not then i'm sending in for an rma as i need accurate temperatures to be sure my comp is performing correctly. i don't do guesstimations when it comes to something that will cost me money.

• 3 weeks later...

Nor behind 1,5 month isn't new bios ? I am very disappointed from that what do in dfi. I'm sorry as though am sometimes buy dfi. These problems with temperatures, divider and regulation chipset. Largely problem with temperatures. Have already you found somebody mod bios ? Thx