Is this as far as it can go?

J054

Correct me if I am wrong but shouldnt he put a lower diveder on the RAM like 5:4 not 5:6, as that way he can go up in HTT ect and not have the ram go past (what seems to be his max of) 240MHz.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Try this, set your ram at the 166 divider and keep your FSB at 240. Lower your FSB/HTT multi to 3 or 4. I would always try to keep the pc3200 ram around ddr400, thats just me though. My corsair like tight timings at lower clocks. I have mine running at 250x10=2500mhz for the CPU, 150 divider for the ram at 2-3-3-6 2T @178mhz, FSB/HTT multi @ x3=1500HTT. I do not even touch the PCIe freqeuncy at all and my voltages are LDT=1.3, CPU=1.55, DRAM=2.7, can't remember what the actual chipset is as I'm at work right now. I think it is the next voltage up from stock.

Thanks for your advice Kawasaki 1...

I think im just going to start from scratch again and in these steps (help me if I missed some)

First CPU...

1) Update BIOS (if needed)

2) Change LDT/FSB RAM Frequency Ratio to 100 (1/02)

3) Change LDT Multi to 3x

4) Change CPU Multi to 10x

5) Change CPU VID Control to 1.5v

**Should I add a step to set some timings? or leave auto for now?**

6) While stable and booting keep upping HTTFSB by 10

--This is the max cpu mhz

Now for ram...

1) Change CPU Multi to 7x

2) Change LDT/FSB RAM Frequency Ratio to 200 (1/01)

3) Use This guide and other user settings to determine RAM Timings

4) While stable and booting keep upping HTTFSB by 5

Then with both maxes I calculate my settings by trying to get them as close as possible using the calculations found in the guide.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but is it even possible to make the ram run faster? That's why its called a divider and not a multiplier.

Huh? Thats what I said :confused:

Place your RAM timings at 2-3-3-6, set your FSB/HTT Multi to x3, with your FSB set to 240, set your ram on the 150 divider, up the CPU voltage to 1.55, you can keep the ram voltage at 2.6 as the ram will be underclocked at this point, but if you want you can put it to 2.7v as Corsairs site does not say what the voltage should be but Newegg says 2.6. Also, with just 2 modules, if it is not, set the CPC to enabled. CPC is the 1T/2T timing. With just 2 sticks installed you should be able to get 1T no prob. CPC is the second setting under DRAM settings in Genie Bios.

Place your RAM timings at 2-3-3-6, set your FSB/HTT Multi to x3, with your FSB set to 240, set your ram on the 150 divider, up the CPU voltage to 1.55, you can keep the ram voltage at 2.6 as the ram will be underclocked at this point, but if you want you can put it to 2.7v as Corsairs site does not say what the voltage should be but Newegg says 2.6. Also, with just 2 modules, if it is not, set the CPC to enabled. CPC is the 1T/2T timing. With just 2 sticks installed you should be able to get 1T no prob. CPC is the second setting under DRAM settings in Genie Bios.

So your saying I should just try these settings instead of trying to find it from scratch?

Is my list sufficient/proper steps for overclocking?

Right now at a 1:1 LDT/FSB RAM Ratio, I cannot drop lower than 2.5-3-3-6 (cant drop 2.5 to 5) or I have to clear cmos.

So if i set a divider I can tighten those even more right?

So my final question is summarized...

Should I go through the steps I posted to try and find it again?

or

Should I apply the settings that have been posted by other members?

So your saying I should just try these settings instead of trying to find it from scratch?

Yes, try them out and see if they work. I think they will, but who knows until you try. The ram is rated at 2-3-3-6 timings at DDR400 200mhz, so there is no reason they should not work at 2-3-3-6 on the 150 divider with your FSB set to 240.

If these do not suite you or do not work, then try and go from scratch, thats all I can say. I don't know what you were talking about in your last post where you said taking the ram timing from 2.5 to 5? I did not say that. I said take it from 2.5-3-3-6 to 2-3-3-6 as this is what Corsair says they will run at DDR400 200mhz.