Incrase LDT Voltage gives me Stability, Enter here!

raphaelcvaz

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

max LDT voltage seems to be 1.3V, while default is 1.2V. are you talking about chipset voltage instead?

On NF3 I think chipset volts = LDT Volts. I went back through the postings but still don't get why a separate setting for LDT volt ~ NF3.

Expert Mobo seems can do 1.5v on LDT. I failed on OCCT test with 278@9 with my 3000+ and that was 1.2v LTD vol, then I bumped that to 1.3 and also I bumped chipset from 1.56v to 1.59v with no Vcore changes and it passed. So seems like either LDT or chipset or both of them helped stabilize the system.

I have re-tested with raised LDT. I thought that raising the LDT voltage from 1.2 to 1.3 made my 175 stable at 2700 MHz.

But I changed three things at once, lowered from 2705 to 2695, lower RAM (RAM is not suspect, though) and LDT = 1.3 V.

I now re-tested and 2705 still fails at before. It was really the 10 MHz less that made it stable dual-prime 48 hours. Raising the LDT volts did not improve anything.

Guest Crusader

Several changes to LDT voltage and Chipset voltage did not do anything for me (except raising my temps). At the mo I have them on their default (lowest) values and it's all good. Sorry.

[Copy-n-pasted from other thread]

I am experimenting with the LDT voltage on my Opteron 175 as we speak.

I had a 2705 MHz clock fail dual-prime after 20 hours. Raised LDT by 0.1 and was stable at 2695, other RAM, too but the RAM is not suspect.

Then I got back to 2705 with the raised LDT Volts and failed, so I concluded more LDT Volts don't do good.

However, then I lowered to 1.2 V and 2695 and failed there, too, and with 1.3 V LDT is not now dual-priming all night.

Very confusing. So while raising the LDT voltage did not get me the 10 freaggin MHz I wanted, it seems to be required for the 2695 MHz overclock.