Im goin to upgrade from an NF3 to an NF4, need advice.

tortie

Hi. Im planning to upgrade in a month or so and I would like to know what's the best DFI NF4 and Opteron combo out there for $350 for less. Im going to overclock and DONT plan to go with an SLI config. Im keeping my old OCZ VX PC4000 memory and OCZ Powerstream 420w PSU. Im planning to get a 7800GT to go with the new board and this rig will be mostly used for gaming and music.

There's a lot of DFI NF4 boards out there (Infinity, Ultra, Ultra-D, etc.) and the same goes with the Opteron (144, 146, 244, 246, etc.). For those who have tried, what's the best combo for my budget?

P.S. I know DFI support does not go with the opteron but I've read lots of success with the chip, so im willing to try it out.

Similar setup to me.

Your best bet would be to go with the DFI NF4 Ultra-D. It can be modded to SLI when needed, for future purposes. Plus it is solid and stable as hell.

For your processor, I recommend the Opteron 146 with CABNE steppings, everyone is getting into Opteron's lately heh :)

The 146 and Opteron's in general are hard to find, so look around and you'll hopefully come across one.

Link to DFI NF4 Ultra-D MoBo:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16813136152

Enjoy :)