22 members have voted

1. 1.

• OCZ Powerstream 520w
    • PC Power & Cooling Turbo-Cool 510W
    • Danger Den WC Rig
    • Swiftech WC Rig
    • Gigabyte X1800XL
    • Gigabyte 7800GT

After alot of research, ALOT of reading this forum and some advise from some friends, I think I am almost done getting my rig together. If you would not mind, take a look at my sig, there are some parts I am still not sure of and would like to hear some opinions, professional and otherwise. I know alot of you already own some of this hardware so I would like to hear what you think.

Thanks in advance!

VERY nice setup, everything will be compatible. I suggest looking into other types of RAM though. I am guessing cost isn't a huge issue for you so here is what I picked out for you as far as RAM is concerned:

OCZ Gold Rev. 2 (2x512MB) PC4000 RAM

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16820146845

That should get you where you need to go in terms of OC'ing.

Go with the PC Power & Cooling 510W SLI-Ready PSU for sure, they are extremely stable PSU's.

And finally, go with the 7800GT, great performance, easy OC'ing, and well, because it's Nvidia! :)

Hope this helps, that is a killer rig!

so here is what I picked out for you as far as RAM is concerned:

OCZ Gold Rev. 2 (2x512MB) PC4000 RAM

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16820146845

That should get you where you need to go in terms of OC'ing.

I was considering going with 2 gigs to be able to play BF2 with no page file. Would the high end OCZ 2gig set work as well too?

And finally, go with the 7800GT, great performance, easy OC'ing, and well, because it's Nvidia! :)

I was reading somewhere that the image quality is not as top notch with Nvidia as with ATI. Although marketing wise people would have you belive not. Nvidia is branded on almost every game I play!

do urself a favour and get a 2GB kit even if it is a value kit or wait for the G.Skill ZX to be in stock again @ neweeg for 185$ and get it since ur system will sure be happy with a 2gb than a 1gb

That is what I have been thinking about, I can always put the ram I have now into a customers system.

Ok don't go with what you read, go with what you can SEE:

http://www.hexus.net/content/item.php?item=3781

Some games work better with ATI (HL2), and some do better with Nvidia (Doom 3).

Go with whatever you want, I'm just giving you my opinion.

And I didn't realize you wanted 2 gigs of RAM. If so, go with the G. Skill as said when it is available.

Ok don't go with what you read, go with what you can SEE:

http://www.hexus.net/content/item.php?item=3781

Some games work better with ATI (HL2), and some do better with Nvidia (Doom 3).

Go with whatever you want, I'm just giving you my opinion.

And I didn't realize you wanted 2 gigs of RAM. If so, go with the G. Skill as said when it is available.

Yeah, I just got 1 gig for now, thought it was some decent RAM, but, after reading about what types of RAM overclock well, it seems the G.SKill is gonna be sweet. Its just not a name I am used to hearing is all. Cause I played BF2 on a buddys computer, it was addicting, and I wanna play it with no page file.

do urself a favour and get a 2GB kit even if it is a value kit or wait for the G.Skill ZX to be in stock again @ neweeg for 185$ and get it since ur system will sure be happy with a 2gb than a 1gb

I was looking on New Egg and could not see any listed as the ZX type. Any link to the product you could send me? Thanks!

pretty sure, just make sure u have sli mobo, which u do... the choice is up to u, dual 6800gs or 7800gt or dual 7800gt.

the dual 6800gs beats all single graphics cards on benches and games at 400 for both... cheap ... not as cheap as one 7800gt(300$) but better performance. dual 7800gt is amazing but alson $600+ so it is up to you

Good luck choosing :)