System randomly crashes

dude that linux os is garbage period. it eats ur computer alive! get rid of it as fast as possible. if u wanna use linux then buy suse

Hi,

you can get SuSE 10 64Bit for free, no need to buy it :rolleyes:

Ubuntu is a nice distribution + it´s based on Debian, very stable and nice configuration setup...

Gipse

Unfortunately, my computer is still crashing. I have no idea what else to do besides swapping my keyboard/mouse with my other computer (I would be shocked if this was the problem the whole time) and turning off various things in the bios such as sound or networking.

• 3 weeks later...

I am almost completely positive the problem is the motherboard. My brother brought his computer when he visited me, so I decided to try his PC3200 ram instead of mine, and the computer still crashed. I then switched the ram back and tried an old PCI (not express) video card that he brought with him without any luck. The only two possible problems now are the CPU and the motherboard. I doubt it's the CPU, but I don't have another one to test with, so I'm going to RMA this board unless someone comes up with some super-fantastic suggestion.

Hopefully the retailer you purchased the board from will exchange it or refund your money. Too many horror stories related to DFI's RMA process. I hope mine never gives up the ghost. Good luck with whatever you decide to do.