Enermax 600w or get OCZ 520w

Guest Tainted_merged

Guest Tainted

Hi everyone,

Anyone here got a Enermax 600w running on a high overclocked system. The enermax 600w has 2 x 12v @18a rails. Now I have been looking at a OCZ 520 which has 28a on 1 12v rail.

Currently I'm doing the overclock by the book and slowly going up 10mhz increments to find the limit. But would hate to hit a wall cause of the PSU.

My system is in my specs if anyone PSU aware has some words of wisdom or experience with my PSU.

Would be nice if we had a PSU section for people to debate their PSU experiences and advice.

So far my X2 is priming at 2300mhz and temps @ 38c. Hoping to go home and push it upto 2400mhz and carry on. All I can say is Linux host on software Raid0 boot disk flies and my vmware Windows XP runs faster than it did natively on my previous system which was a P4 3.2ghz. Awesome!!! :D

Cheers.

Guest Tainted

IamMed : I have the enermax currently and would not like to have to swap over suplies.. I'm happy with it so far but hope it won't be a problem.

Cliffy I see you have 2x 7800's so you will benefit from the 12v rails. Hope I'm not making you bummed about your purchase. So far it's been great but I have had previous issues of the system just turning off when running it overclocked on a:

Abit Fatal1ty 3000+ venice,

EL 4000 ram @ 500mhz 3.3v

2 Sata drive

1x IDE

6600gt graphics.

Bearing in mind the Fatal1ty board only take the ATX2 and 4 pin power whereas these DFI boards take those plus FDD and Molex power also. So there is alot more power coming into the board.

Looking forward to how you get on please give me some feedback. I have more drives and you have another graphics card. What volts you running your ram at? And why changing the power supply?

Guest Tainted

I don't hate it just not sure about it, the single rail PSU's have more amps on the the 12v due to not being SLI. Either the Abit motherboards are turning things off or it's the power supply switching off. I did disable everything in the Abit EQ section regarding shutdowns due to temps or volts and it still did it.

I'm almost half way through overclocking my X2. If I do it right hopefully I will get upto 2.5ghz perhaps 2.7ghz stable and the power supply won't be an issue and it's just the Fata1lty boards I was using. Like I said these DFI boards have more power connection to the board. I can understand blue screen with overclocks but never seen a system turn off like someone pulled the plug out. :confused:

Prisoner : I take it you have good results with yours?

Good to see other with this PSU coming out the wood works. :)

Hi everyone,

Would be nice if we had a PSU section for people to debate their PSU experiences and advice.

Cheers.

?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Guest Tainted
?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

lost you after the 10th ? :confused: