Stable computer until games are played

I just got my rig installed last nite. Booted right up with my dual channel pc2700 OCZ ram. The ram is rated 2-2-2-2-5 at max 2.8V I install latest chipset drivers 6.70 from nvidia. I didn't install the ide driver at all nor the audio driver. I installed the newest driver from realtek webpage for the audio driver. I installed 2 vid drivers for my 7800gt the newest one on nvidia's site and driver 77.77. Both seemed to give me trouble playing and testing with FEAR and Far Cry.

I can run fear for 5 - 10 mins then suddenly locks up giving pixel artifacts then plays smooth and then locks and basically repeats. With Far cry I could play so smooth for 5-10 mins then sudden freezes then playable again and sometimes very rare it would just lock. I ran prime 95 for 8+ hours with out any error and memtest ran with no errors. I started playing this morning Far cry and the whole time I didn't have one lockup. My comps temps are not above 50c. Maybe it got worked out but I have seen lots of these issues on this forum and wonder if any one got a sure fire solution.

Any help would be appreciated

Can you pass 3dmark05?

Try loosening the timings up a little and/or increasing the volts a tad.

Yep ran it twice and got 7442 and 7566 for 3dmark 2005 Is that a good score for my rig? I believe my timings are set to optomized settings. I beleive my voltage to dram is 2.7. I have to look at a few things tonight. I'll get back to ya in the morning

Thank you BTW

Ok MEMtest passes with flying colors and I know it's not the ram cause my comp has been running without reboot for the last 5 days. My DDR33 ram is rated 2.8v 2-2-2-2-5 My bios are set to optimized defaults. I have tried setting my dram voltage from 2.6 to 2.7 and 2.8 but my games all lock up after a while. And when I say lockup I mean the game will freeze for a bit repaeating the last sound being played then usually resume play. Are the drivers for 7800 gt not stable yet or what. Cause my system is a rock except when playing games Oh yeah can run pc mark aquamark, 3dmark 01,03,05 all with out a hitch. Really odd