Dual core Opteron 939

Thanks for the help guys, i read the threads about single core ones but there was very little on the dualies.

Slighty OT, but i was looking at people cracking the IHS off and having some fun. I've got an A64 3000+ i could afford to risk, is it worth doing so with it? its a poor OC'er (2.5Ghz, barely) but runs cold most of the time. (32C load! stock cooler). Basically i want practise removinh IHS's, but i wont if the chips not worth doing it to.

You have a very cheap cpu, which can easily be replaced, but be forewarned that once you do that, you lost your warranty. You can definitely lower your temps by removing the IHS, and in some cases it's worth it, and others it's not. This can even push your CPU another 50 mhz or more depending on your overclock you got. I'd say go for it though...for practice! And then when you get a better chip and feel more comfortable, you'll do it without any problems.

Try installing the newest nforce drivers they released yesterday. I believe it added support for your card.

I have the 10-26 drivers downloaded from the EVGA website, but thanks for trying to help. Sharp has given me some other suggestions to follow, so I am still pretty confident of solving this one soon.