3800+ overclock 4 a DFI noob

Guest Tainted_merged

250 * 10 @ 1.497 should work, and you are right voltage requirements grow exponentially after 2400Mhz. Hence i call 2500 my sweetspot between power and performance.

I need more than 1.65v @ 2700 as well and didn't even got it prime stable.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Tainted

2.5ghz with my OCZ at tightest timmings is ideally what I want.

Personnelly I think this board could have been laid out better. the 4 SATA on the Ultra-D board are next to the graphics card!!! what the f!! With my HSF and if I wanted to use the orange slots my OCZ ram is going to produce heat right on the CPU heat sink. Chipset is also in wrong place.. under the graphics card!! come on!

What are you guys experiencing on mainboard temps? Mines around 51c and my house is not exactly warm here in london with it being frozen outside! I supose 4 SATA drives having their are push over the chipset does not help!! hence turning fans around tonight.

Anyone got thoughts on the chipsets heat causing problems with the overclock.

Raphie I see you got the same ram. Goods to see some timmings I might have to use once I start with memory.

Guest Tainted

I have had them running at 2-2-2-8 @475mhz on my venice which was clocked at 2610mhz. Volts were 3.3v with a exhaust fan blowing air onto them. These things rock when tightened up but you need volts and active cooling. :D

Guest Tainted
Are we talking the same modules?:

OCZ OCZ5001024ELDCGER2 512 MB PC4000 DDR SDRAM (2.5-4-4-10 @ 250 MHz)

No they not the same I see.

Here's mine.

OCZ PC4000 EL 2x512 MB DDR Dual Channel Gold Series Voltage Extreme (1GB Kit) (OCZ5001024ELDCGEVX-K)