Missing font/ Blank programs

E E Magenis

Hi,

Yesterday I turned on the computer and I tried to load Limewire Pro 4.9.37 and the small Limewire window pops up and shows it is loading but then when it maximizes into the full program (after it is done loading) the window is white with no text or anything. I tried to uninstall it and reinstall it but to no avail. I decided to check the Java settings so I double-clicked on the Java icon in the Windows control panel but when the Java program popped up, it was blank as well. It is possible to click on buttons on the blank window but it is a total guess where they are. I uninstalled Java and installed it again but it is also the same. I am not sure what to do. Limewire and Java seem to be the only things that are affected. I would appreciate any help.

Thanks

EEM

Are the virus programs up to date and tested tested? limewire had tons of virus programs on that network when I tried to use it. Even with virus check there were just too many to keep them under control. I would try and use a diffrent program for that stuff and reinstall java if you need it(I avoid it as much as I can myself).

All of my definitions are up to date and I have done full system scans using each program. I am also very careful of what I download. Thanks for the hints though.

I decided to see if I could somehow make the text and buttons appear on the window of the Java program and Limewire. So I opened a folder (it happened to be the my documents folder) and I placed it (opened) over the Java program (also opened) except for the Java title bar. Then I clicked on the Java title bar and moved it and the text and the buttons showed up (it was not blank). But the moment I stopped moving it, the text and the buttons still showed as normal but if I clicked on any of the buttons or if I tried to change some setting, nothing graphically changed, meaning if I clicked a button, there was no animation of it being pushed down, so I would have no idea if I pushed it or not.

Overall it seems like Limewire and Java are not displaying right or it is a memory problem but I still do not know. I have enough ram and enough harddrive space so I think it lies elsewhere. I am just wondering why it happened now since I have not had any problem with them until now. I may defrag the hd tonight though. Again thanks for the suggestions.

Well, I disabled SLI using the display settings and I restarted and Now both programs are viewable. I just don't understand why it has worked up until now though. I did install the new Nvidia display driver about a week ago though. Well, thank you AceGoober. I am going to uninstall and reinstall the display driver and see what happens.

Thanks