new 640

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice, very nice! :)

When you are OCing like that, make sure to pause and play a game, or two, that is memory and graphics, intensive. Before you load the game, make sure to have a temp monitoring program running to check your temps.

during the 230 FSB priming, i had dfi's hardware doc running and it was giving me around the 60 celsius range ( below 55 with the side off ), but when i reach in and feel as low as i can on the heatsink, it's warm, but not hot..

where is the temp sensor for the cpu?

coming up on the 11th hour @ 240 FSB and still stock vcore...i love this cpu, looks like i am going to be happy with this one, especially if i can get 4 ghz, at 3.8 now.

with my previous "520", i tried to duplicate my highest fsb of 245 and i couldn't do it and it took 1.46 vcore at that...i may have to get an all copper heatsink or go to a water cooling kit...i was looking at the coolermaster aquagate mini r80 or r120, it got some pretty good reviews...the r80 would fit inside my case, but with the r120, i may be able to mount on the exterior.

250 fsb

7-4-4-2.5

1.36 vcore

2.8 vdimm

1.5 agp

prime fail after 3 minutes

250 FSB

7-4-4-2.5

1.38 vcore

2.8 vdimm

1.5 agp

prime fail after 17 minutes

250 FSB

1.38 vcore

2.8 vdimm

1.6 agp

prime fail after 31 minutes

250 FSB

8-4-4-3

1.38 vcore

2.8 vdimm

1.6 agp

prime failed after 1 hour 5 minutes

temps reported by hardware doc is in high 50's under load, but it doesn't feel hot

any advice?

i'm think i have some room to up the vcore a little...is there a max agp voltage i should not use?

you will find a good HSF will not get to hot when the cpu is hot, the hsf needs to be cool to take the temp away from the cpu.You can use more vcore if you want and you should load throttle watch to see if your cpu is throttling.Have you clocked that memory on another MB to know its limit?You can try more Vagp but most of us didnt need more till 266fsb.This MB likes tight timings so try your mem at spd or lower.

i bumped it up to 1.4 vcore, booted to windows and here i am

i have tried 7-3-3-2.5 before and i get the beeping upon bootup.

no, i haven't pushed this memory past it's rated speed, currently 1:1 = ddr500

currently

250 FSB

8-4-4-3

1.4 vcore

2.8 vdimm

1.6 vagp

going to start priming in a few

***update****

passed the 12 hour mark of dual prime

reported temps below 55