Is possible to update SATA bios?

Hi all :)

i have just bought a HDD sata and i have installed it on windows through latest driver that i have download from official site of silicon image 1.2.0.5

Now i have seen that i can update also the bios of the chip and i have downloaded it, but i don't know how to do this...

On the official site, i have read that i must go to control panel and use the silicon image panel to do the update, but it's impossibile because the bios result unknow to the program

sata0mx.jpg

Anyone can tell me what i must do? Even if is possible to do this...

Thanks at all :)

The SATA Bios is embedded in the System Bios. The only way you can update it is by updating the motherboard bios, but the DFI motherboard bios' only contain upto the 5.0.35 SATA Bios.

You can mod a bios yourself and add the latest SATA Bios to it if you know how.

If you download and burn Tmods Bios Boot CD and burn and boot from it you will find Tmod has already updated them to the latest SATA Bios, so you can just flash to one of them using it...

The SATA Bios' & Drivers currently on Silicon Images site are only actually for the Sil3114 PCI Cards not for motherboards with the Sil3114 embedded, but Tmod modded the latest SATA Bios & Drivers(1.0.0.8 for these boards) to work properly with motherboards that have the Sil3114 embedded.

Yes there are improvments from one bios to the other but whether your gonna notice that in day to day use is any ones guess. But if your here like the rest of us and want to squeeze every last bit of speed out of your system then its def the way to go.

WHat bios are you currently using?it doesnt say in your sig.