Updated bios failed

That would be your memory. It's either bad or the mobo doesn't like it. If you have anything else laying around give it a shot...swap sticks and also try slot 3...

Was the board up and running at all (OS installed, etc) before you flashed or were you having problems right off the bat and decided to try and fix by flashing?

Right, tried all the things you have posted above, and when I boot with one stick of ram in the mobo I get a single beep every two or three seconds, and no video. Any ideas?

Iceball.

1 if you can get a loaner card Freind/family and see if it works in the board. If it wont then it was probly from the bad flash.

2 If you think you did infact just have a bad flash(and it sounds like it) there are two options.

1 get another chip

2 And this is not recommended( but i have had to do many times).

If you have access to another board(that uses the same bios chip) you can hot flash the chip you have.( but if you take that route) and you successfuly flash and get youre NF3 to post.. Immediatly flash again to a bios that worked before.. I:e 602,705, 711 and do a long clear CMOS with battery out and power cable completely dissconnected.

If you are not comfortable tring that.. Any GOOD!!!! Computer shop with decent experience should be able to do it for you.

Right, after much clearing of the cmos, my pc finally boots with only 1 stick of ram in one of the second channels on the mobo. Atleast now I can reflash it back to the stone age. Cheers for all yourhelp guys, its been much appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...

Have the same problem when just get my board 1 week ago. I install XP on stock BIOS and everything seems ok. Then I use WinFlash 1.74 to flash the board to 824 when I got problem. The board would just give me a blank screen without any beep while the power on light keep on blinking.

My only way to recover it is to unplug the BIOS chip. Boot my another machine Abit NF2 into Windows XP, then while running winxp unplug my BIOS chip and put in the DFI nF3 bios, run WinFlash with 711 bios and then plug the bios in again to the DFI board after the flash is done. Not for the faint of heart.

My lesson learn? Better to do the old fashion way using floppy to flash the bios. After the incident, I use DOS to flash the bios 824 in and it work.

Venice 3200+ running at stock now!

Thermalright XP-90

512Mb DDR 400 RAM

Maxtor 160Mb SATA Drive

Benq DVD Burner (heard this have problem with the nF3 chipset).

Generic 300W power supply. Come with my desktop casing.

Colorful 6600GT AGP with VivaCool Heatsink.

Audiotrak Prodigy 7.1LT