BIOS problem?

Is the BIOS to blame for the fact that when I try to run my ram as Dual Channel, it freezes on the full screen logo? Did this before I flashed the bios to a newer one, but I think I should of gotten the "A" one, considering I have a DFI LanParty UT nF4-D( No Ultra).

I assume the "A one" refers to Tony's 704-2bta?

Have you tried going back to a different bios?

Does it work ok going to a different version bios?

Tmod

Only have tried the one that came with my Motherboard and the Tmod one.

Well if you tried two different bios's and the problem is the same then it probably isn't the bios.

Tmod

Ive had similar problem with 704BTA and retail 623-3 bios. ONLY when using Geil BH5 i reckon ur modules are also BH5 or something similar. everything would work fine when using TCCD no crashes or freezes. I dont think its BIOS related although sometimes i think it is. Ive tried 4 sticks of Geil One BH5 all together on my board. Out of them 1 seemed to work flawlessly the others would only work in 1 slot usually the orange. When i tried dual channel i would either get constant beeps OR it would hang on the DFI logo screen. In the end i just got fed up and RMAed them. Whata damn SHAME !!!

The only bios i didnt try was 623-BTA maybe its worth a go.

I jus realised ur overclock depends on ur CPU and RAM. If u acheived 250FSB 1:1 on ocz's thats pretty GOOD for UTT or BH5/6 . If u had TCCD then who knows were u could reach. 300FSB possibly or 275, 285. Then it also depends how far ur cpu is willin to go. Ive found most 3000+ venices to hit 2.4Ghz easy also 2.6Ghz with more juice.

Try the stick that works go into bios and raise voltage to 2.9v-3.0v boot into windows then shutdown try both sticks now see what happens. Search for people using the same memory im sure theirs loads see what bios settings they use.

Hope u crack it ! Good luck !