I think I'm on to something...(Overclocked with Corsair XMS RAM)

Guest Daveandrew_merged

Guest Daveandrew

I stumbled upon angry's guide on settings for the corsair ram and by using these settings and setting the divider at 180. I am able to get up to 2.47 ghz on a Venice 3000. I have only relaxed the timings a little and this has helped get over the 2.2 hump. Now It seems I have hit a wall, I got an error after two hours and 22 minutes of Prime 95. Any ideas on what I should try next.

Edit after may views and no posts. My point is I thought it was rare to see these numbers with Corsair XMS ram :O

ResizeWizard-1.jpg

I've had my 3200xl up to 317mhz 1:1. It isn't stable but hey, for ram that's supposed to suck with this board it isn't bad. I run it 24/7 at 259mhz on thq 166 divider with my ht at 315 and it gets over 7.2gb/s in everest and sandra. Oh, my ram isn't stable at anything over 230 with max async at 8ns, it needs at least 9. So far none of the settings in that thread or in the corsair stock timings thread work with my ram.

Guest Daveandrew
I've had my 3200xl up to 317mhz 1:1. It isn't stable but hey, for ram that's supposed to suck with this board it isn't bad. I run it 24/7 at 259mhz on thq 166 divider with my ht at 315 and it gets over 7.2gb/s in everest and sandra. Oh, my ram isn't stable at anything over 230 with max async at 8ns, it needs at least 9. So far none of the settings in that thread or in the corsair stock timings thread work with my ram.

Is there any chance that you could maybe tell me what your BIOS settings are with everything that matters. Thx

My stable settings? OK, first the GENIE screen

3x

16-16

x9

disable

start up

vid control 1.425

special 110%

disable

DRAM CONFIG

enable

enabled

auto

weak 4

level 2

9.0ns

normal

auto

auto

16x

07x

disable 4 bursts

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v158/evi...D/stable316.jpg

Sorry about the double CPU-Z, one was supposed to be memory which is at ~258.

Check my sig. Its rock solid so far with relaxed timings, havent tried to tweak them yet, got a few screenies:

3dmark2k1dfi7de.th.jpg

occtjpg8cs.th.jpg

prime95screen6mi.th.jpg

dfi11og.th.jpg

cpuz2jpg9yo.th.jpg

dont mind the different wallpapers I disabled screensaver and it gave me a blue desktop:p

Guest Daveandrew

nice job I think I'm stuck until I get this power supply replaced. Seems like the higher I try to clock it the goofier it gets.

Mine is weird too. It is MUCH more stable at 316x9 1:1 at 2.4-4-8-4 than those settings on a 180 divider. I guess it is true that corsair and dfi don't get along too well. I still haven't made up my mind if I want XBLK or some OCZ rev2 TCCD.