X2 problems.

Hi,

I have a Lanparty SLI DR based system which did have an Athlon 64 3000 and I tried to upgrade to X2 4400 cpu. Now every time I try to load windows it crashes. When I put the 3000 back in it is fine. The system seems to run SUSE 9.2 Linux fine so I cant think why this is happening. Perhaps power consumption, I am only running the micro atx silenx 320w psu becasue of my case design. But then why would linux run fine? Any help would be apprecieated.

In addition to following the basic rules so that people can help you there is a search function. I don't have an X2. But I have read how you must have the latest BIOS and other tips for going to dual core.

Read the rules, follow them so people can help. Do a search on X2 problems and I bet you find your answer.

When you do and your system is up and running come back and edit the title to your post to say "resolved" and let us know how things go.

Hi,

I have a Lanparty SLI DR based system which did have an Athlon 64 3000 and I tried to upgrade to X2 4400 cpu. Now every time I try to load windows it crashes. When I put the 3000 back in it is fine. The system seems to run SUSE 9.2 Linux fine so I cant think why this is happening. Perhaps power consumption, I am only running the micro atx silenx 320w psu becasue of my case design. But then why would linux run fine? Any help would be apprecieated.

mee too it keeps freezin when i put in a cd or dvd