ahhhhh problems

i have had so many problems with this board its unbelivable.

1) it wont take any 2700 ram not that ide want to but it doesent

2)the bios wont set things if i set something it will either do it on the fist boot then ignore it and go back to what it thinks it should be set at. Or it will post get the the dfi screen turn off and then not post. AHHHHH

i have a celeron D 325 might be j 533mhz have had it running at 800 fine with added voltage but it wont keep it for more than one boot it says its clocked at that still in the bios but in reality its not .when benchmarked and pc wizard, cpu z it shows 533.

i have flashed to latest bios beacuse before that it would not boot at all.

please help

rimmer: Please create a sig with your system details as has been suggested. Be as detailed as possible - RAM manufacture/model/type, specific CPU model, etc. If you need help doing so, please let me know and I will assist you in creating it.

See my notes below:

cpu- celron d 325j - What voltage and FSB are you running at? It is better if you try to run the CPU at stock before attempting to overclock.

256 smasung ram (soon to be upgraded if i fix problems) - is this DDR1 or DDR2? DDR2 works much better on this board due to the 9xx series chipsets being optimized for it. There have been many instances where people have had much difficulty running certain types of DDR1 modules. I also would recommend not running anything lower than PC3200 DDR1 for that matter.

x600 ati radeon - are you running at stock settings?

gigabyte g power cooler - is the heatsink properly seated on the CPU?

if i load max defaults it loads ok but the clock multiplyer is wrong it will say 19 x 133 = 64303 but this does not cause a problem unless you change it

6ghz and then any attempt to change the fsb will result in the system not booting and the 1 no ram led.

the only way to change it is to lock the cpu on 800 fsb and then it sets the clock multiplyer right then thats ok and you can change that for one boot then after that it just sets it back at stock. lock it back to 533 its ok but any overclock then will not boot.

i have a load of 32*C on my prescott so the heatsynk is on lol.

card is at stock

Quite honestly, it looks as though there are a combination of problems:

1. DDR1 RAM used instead of DDR2.

2. DDR1 is PC2700 instead of PC3200 (does make a difference though DDR2 RAM is recommended).

3. 20 pin PSU.

Here is what I would suggest:

1. Use DDR2 memory with this board. Even though the board supports DDR1, there have been many instances (search the forums) where switching over to DDR2 has solved the various problems.

2. Get a native 24Pin PSU.