I'm An Idiot Please Help Me Be Smart. Thnx

_

Ok guys heres my problem. I have an amd 1600+, i overclocked it to as far as i know how to get it, which is up to 1.65 ghz. Which is basically the amd 2000+. Now then i look at my friend fanatic over here and hes on an amd 1700+ and he has his up past 2.2 ghz, hes running faster ram than me which may be the differense but im not sure help me out please. Oh, the reason i posted this was because of my low fpb....its 133.13 when overclocked to 1.65, please help me.

heres my setup :

MSI - K7N2 Delta Mainboard

AMD 1600+ @ 1.65 || mp 12.5 - 1.8v ||

512 mb PC2100

Edited by _

hey creep just an FYI. You really shouldn't compair to like cpu's together as far as o/c speed cause they vary. the PC2100 is designed to run stock on a 266 cpu bus It should be fine until u reach some speeds then i would go with PC2700 atleast or 3200 depending on how u set your multi and fsb. besides that check your temps in your system. you possibly could be running higher temps than he is and that could effect it and check the stabilty of your system part by part.

Well, the temp thing is fine, i run idle 28c on my cpu, and 35c max load. The thing with the ram is what i expected. Im just going to upgrade to the best ram possible for this board. I'm also going to upgrade to an amd2500+ , but its always fun to push what you have to its limits just before you upgrade *wink*wink*

Thanks for your info guys. Is there anyway to push past the 266? it would be nice

Edited by _