UNOFFICIAL tREF TABLE THREAD

Dracula

To put it simply it means how long the memory can hold onto data without being refreshed.

It's only of of 2 of the actuall refresh type timings I believe but it's been a while.

The higher or longer tREF is set to, the more speed you get, because you don't have to wait for it to refresh before it does it's thing.

Now set to high of a refresh will get you glitches and stuff like that, like any memory timing.

Generally you want the max tREF you can get with the highest memory speed you can get.

Find you max mem speed, make sure it's 100% stable, then play with tREF and get it as high as it goes before it becomes unstable.

The perfomance beneifts are'nt the greatest but they do help out.

It can make the overall setup run smoother...

Thanks for the info NEOAethyr. Here's just one of my sources:

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To put it simply it means how long the memory can hold onto data without being refreshed.

It's only of of 2 of the actuall refresh type timings I believe but it's been a while.

The higher or longer tREF is set to, the more speed you get, because you don't have to wait for it to refresh before it does it's thing.

Now set to high of a refresh will get you glitches and stuff like that, like any memory timing.

Generally you want the max tREF you can get with the highest memory speed you can get.

Find you max mem speed, make sure it's 100% stable, then play with tREF and get it as high as it goes before it becomes unstable.

Thanks for the info NEOAethyr. Here's just two of my sources
:

AND

:

AND

:

AND

(this link is now dead)

Hey i you guys are into Tref perhaps youd be so kind to look at my tref problem im having named "tref problem" in amd overclocking forum. Thanks

That'll be no problem later on tonight. If you could please, just provide us with the link. Thanks!
Cheery Bye...

Hey i you guys are into Tref perhaps youd be so kind to look at my tref problem im having named "tref problem" in amd overclocking forum. Thanks

Try these three:
780, 1560
and
in addition to the
that you said was already fairly decent for you.
Cheery Bye...