3DMark05 crash.

So, as the title says, my 3DMark05 is crashing. I haven't yet downloaded any other performance benchmarking programs, but it Prime95'd for > 13 hours, no errors no warnings. I'm pretty sure the crashing is a memory problem (bluescreen, doesn't stay quite long enough for me to see the message), but I would have thought Prime95 would have caught an error in 13 hours.

Uninstalled and reinstalled 3DMark05, got better results (at first it would usually hang and crash right after loading the first game, this time it crashed right after the end of the benchmark before I got my results). I loosened my timings just a bit as well before I reinstalled 3DMark05.

I'm going to download some other programs.. AquaMark and some earlier versions of 3DMark and see what happens. In the meantime, you guys have any ideas?

Thanks.

Hm.. well yeah, I can play all of my other games crash-free (CS 1.6, CS:Source, HL2, Doom3, et cetera). Right now my CPU is at 1.552v (1.3+126% above VID, I believe). Runs < 45 degrees celsius at full load.. so I dunno. I'll tweak the voltage a bit, see if I can come up with something.

Thanks for the feedback.

I always tell anyone that want's a 'stable' system to run 3D Mark 05 DEMO all the way through to the end of the credits (untill it go's back to 05 setup screen) about 10 times in a row. If it passes, run the benchmark test 5 more times, if it passes it is stable ;) Prime 95 and the rest tell you nothing and are a waste of time in my opinion :rolleyes: