Oc Soyo Kt-400 Dragon Ultra?

Alright, a few months back I purchased a Soyo Kt-400 Dragon Ultra Platnium, I put in a 2.8+ Barton Series Athlon processor, 1 gig DDR333, 120gb WD, RAdeon 9500 - and I can't overclock it. I'm getting bad scores in 3dMark and I want to get better! I got a Volcano 11+ on order cause right now I'm running waaaayy too hot, but when I get it I'm planning on overclocking ... anyone have troubles with this board before?

Alright, a few months back I purchased a Soyo Kt-400 Dragon Ultra Platnium, I put in a 2.8+ Barton Series Athlon processor, 1 gig DDR333, 120gb WD, RAdeon 9500 - and I can't overclock it. I'm getting bad scores in 3dMark and I want to get better! I got a Volcano 11+ on order cause right now I'm running waaaayy too hot, but when I get it I'm planning on overclocking ... anyone have troubles with this board before?

i have the black version of this board. the board is stable as can be and i have had no problems with it so far. i have a 2500+ barton and im too running hot. im trying to figure out if its the sensors or just the hsf bundled with the bartons are crap. what are your 3dmarks? one thing you have to watch with this board is that when you overclock the fsb you raise the agp speed. you can not lock the agp/pci speed with this board. this is a big drawback for overclocking.!!!! turn fastwrites off in the bios!!! agp speed to fast.arperture to 128.agp master 1 ws write to enabled.agp master 1 ws read to enabled.video bios shadow off.dram timing to 2.interleave to 4 bank.precharge to active trp 2t,active to precharge 6t,active cmd 2t,dram burst 8,command rate to 2, dramaccess 2t,queue depth 2, dram twtr 1t. !!!!!!!make sure you have the latest bios. the new bios at soyos website are the overclocking bios. the old bios won"t allow you to go over 166 fsb!!!!!!i found this out in another forum. i would go to 167 and no boot. flashed bios and now i can overclock the fsb. not all memory will accept those timings but most will. try these things out and let me know if any of it helps.