NF4 SLI-D> GeIL 2GB kit - did search - and canadian resellers

prodeous

I to am in search of 2GB kits.. well want to get 4GB. I did use the search feature but no hits on GeIL 2GB kits. OVerall safe bet is the OCZ Platinum 2GB set. But I like to try somethign different. Thats why I have a DFI SLI-D and very happy with it :)

I'm wondering if anyone had any experience with these sticks. Very cheap compared to other 2GB pair.

Though only rated at cas 2.5.

I'm also wondering if anyone knows if these sticks will fit under XP120 heatsink? They look a tad taller then other heatsinks.

CND

http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/Sea...6209&CatId=1833

US

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=20-144-322

Also what is the best Canadian Online reseller, not directly of the GeIL memory, but in general.

NCIX.com

TigerDriect.ca

Would like to know more

Monarch Computers is one of the few American resellers that ships to Canada. (Still sad that NewEgg doesn't :( )

Guest Shibby

Geil is pretty tough to get up here, especially their top-end stuff. I know of a few good resellers in Toronto for OCZ, the cheapest of which doesn't really ship items. Where in Canada are you from (should be in your profile anyway or the mods will give you hell).

The GeIL modules aren't any higher than a standard module. They should fit fine, as I fit a pair of modules into my friends Ultra-D when the XP-120 was still installed, and I had enough room to push them down between the heatsink and the sticks. :)

Missed that... anyways from Winnipeg.

So fit is not an issue. Thats good.

GeIL 2GB kit (3-4-4-8)

$330 TigerDirect.ca

OCZ Platinum 2gb kit (2-3-2-5)

$348 NCIX.com

$359 infonec.com

$412 Tiger Direct.ca

PQI 2gb kit (3-4-4-8)

$279 pcvillagecanada.com (hopefully not typo)

Now i'm not shure. The cheap price of PC village does bring some cheap 2gb modules that are actualy branded. And on the XtremeSystems 2gb database, it did not too bad. But the OCZ Platinums are getting more and more attention for their low latency, though GeIL still rings an intrest. Stupid decisions... Someone give me 4gb and take my money :P

Guest Shibby

Winnipeg? I didn't know you guys knew how to use computers yet. Haha, just kidding, I grew up in south-eastern Manitoba about 30 min outside Winnipeg. Personally, I'd go with OCZ just for the support you get here and on bleedinedge.com, the tech guys are really helpful. Also, they perform very well :P

One thing i dont' recall is if the CPU supports 2GB modules.. hehe, i know that would be pushing. But at least I'd have room to upgrade :P.

though i'm not alos shure if apple DDR would work on PC's something like this :

http://www.dealtime.com/xPF-Peripheral_Enh...ML9216A_ML9217A

But getting back to ... reality (dam i hate that) OCZ seems to be going higher and higher on the list...