How many SATA can u raid (striped)

Hi there i have the system in my Sig -

what i would like to know is it possable to Raid 4 sata's In striped Config on the Nvida sata controller or the silcon Images controller.

Im after Striping as many 36 gig Rapters as possable to gain as much of a speed increase as possable for Video editing.

i would like the hit the speed on the box of 3gbs raid - well thats what it says on the box so i whould like to get my PC to hit that lol. i Dont how ever fancy running the . software raid provided in XP.

If you need that kind of speed, I wouldn't use raptors. For that kind of price, get a hardware controller (since the onboard ones are still software, and once you add more than about 3 drives, it starts to really use a noticable about of cpu usage). Maybe run a single sata type drive for the OS. Then get 2 scsi drives on the hardware raid. Probably the same price as 4+ raptors, or about the same, but will be faster for sure!

oky thks guys.. bit upset now cos the box says 3gb raid and seems to me thats a ibit over the top claim then (all thopugh is proably possable) . as if you attempt it with the current config of the bord it will slow down the cpu. It then seems to be pointless. I just receved my 2 x sata 37 gig raptors this morning as well and orderd andother 2 last night. Looks like i could have just waisted my ££.