offering a RAM trade, good deal

I know this is the longest of long shots... but I've got $200 worth of RAM that I'm willing to trade for $160 worth of RAM.

The catch? Mine's Corsair, and I need OCZ rev.2. This RAM just isn't DFI compatible - but it is GOOD RAM for pretty much any other board.

Corsair TWINX CMX512-3200XL (platinum color), $200 for 1GB @ Newegg:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16820145521

I'm hoping for:

OCZ (OCZ5001024ELDCGER2-K) Gold Revision 2 1GB (2 x 512MB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM Unbuffered DDR 500 (PC 4000) Gold Layered Copper Heatspreader Dual Channel Kit System Memory - Retail

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16820146845

I know this is laughable to DFI owners, but if you happen to have some extra sitting around, and would like some better memory for some other system, this Corsair seems pretty damn good.

It's unstable on my DFI but when it's working at it's peak, I've seen:

Everest Home 2.01.347 (in XP32)

Read: 5840 MB/s

Write: 2375 MB/s

Latency: 47.0

And that's the default settings, 2-3-2-5 (it's actually rated at 2-2-2-5, that's just the SPD), Bank Interleave on, everything else at AUTO.

If anyone can trade or has any suggestions on what to do, I'm all ears. I'm fed up with this RAM on my DFI.

ive got the same memory as you and im having no troubles, check the revision, some corsair users have said the brainbread pcb versions (revision 1.2 xl modules and up) are alot bettter for these dfi boards.

check my sig for what special attributes im running them with - if you have an earlier version (1.0/1.1) im sure you could go over to the corsair forums and ask the ram guy about it. i wish hed pop in here to :) weve got ocz, why not corsair! im not putting down ocz, but i love the corsair pro modules, they are just so hawt, and perform without flaw!

ive got the same memory as you and im having no troubles, check the revision, some corsair users have said the brainbread pcb versions (revision 1.2 xl modules and up) are alot bettter for these dfi boards.

check my sig for what special attributes im running them with - if you have an earlier version (1.0/1.1) im sure you could go over to the corsair forums and ask the ram guy about it. i wish hed pop in here to :) weve got ocz, why not corsair! im not putting down ocz, but i love the corsair pro modules, they are just so hawt, and perform without flaw!

Heh, I just replied to your other thread. I do like the modules too, when they work. They're very, very fast. But they're unreliable in just two games - BF2 and Silent Hunter III - everything goes swimmingly when I set 2T and disable bank interleave. I'm trying your settings now.