First DFI Build

Hi, I'm Tom (DukeGamma), and this will be my first time building a pc with a DFI board. This will be my second build, my first one was on an ASUS A7V-266E with an Athlon XP2100. Just wanted to introduce myself to the community and see if anyone can give me any pointers before my parts start arriving.

I look forward to building my new rig and learning from you all!

Hi, I'm Tom (DukeGamma), and this will be my first time building a pc with a DFI board. This will be my second build, my first one was on an ASUS A7V-266E with an Athlon XP2100. Just wanted to introduce myself to the community and see if anyone can give me any pointers before my parts start arriving.

I look forward to building my new rig and learning from you all!

Welcome to DFI-Street.. !!

I think the a7v-266e was the same mobo I used on my very first build also..

The best pointers I can give you is read through all the stickies, there is alot of good info in them..

READ READ READ till you think you've read too much..

And then READ READ READ somemore..hehe..

GL with your build.. :)

1 x OCZ 1 GB DDR2 (533) PC2-4200

I hope you did not order DDR2 RAM, the board uses regular DDR. AMD does not currently support DDR2. I hope you can still change your order. Good luck,

Ken

1 x OCZ 1 GB DDR2 (533) PC2-4200

I hope you did not order DDR2 RAM, the board uses regular DDR. AMD does not currently support DDR2. I hope you can still change your order. Good luck,

Ken

Thanks for the heads up!

I have canceled the order. What memory would you recommend?