Eureka - It's Alive!

Nemo

but this time I made an ATX power splitter cable and am running two motherboards off of a single power supply! Should help keep the heat down a little.

(!) Are you sure that's a good idea...what power supply and what type of systems? I know you know your stuff nemo so I suppose you have a good idea of what problems that might cause, but still...never hurts to err on the side of caution.

Well - it's kind of an experiment in folding on a budget. Both rigs are identical except for the hard drives:

Asrock K7S41GX micro ATX board (on board video)

XP 3000+ with stock HSF

256 MB Corsair value RAM (single stick)

Hard drive

No case or any other add ons.

The power supply is a MGE SuperCharger 600W showing Output: +3.3V@20A, +5V@45A, +12V@24A, [email protected], [email protected], +5VSB@2A

and yes it's a budget PSU and the rails are a little low. The PSU calculator shows this at about 139 watts each, so I think I have a litlle room.

Eventually, I'll figure out how to fold without the hard drives and the power reuirements will go down a little.

Edit:

OK - I just took a reading on the 12V rail with the DMM and it's showing 12.06V, MBM was saying 11.19V, which is why I originally thought it might be a little low.