Pc crush on certain games

Did you experience these crashes & hangs prior to the overclocking? Since from what you explain it seems that now even without any overclock the game is still crashing, is that correct?

When you have no overclock active, can you run Furmark (at your native resolution)?

Don't want to sound bleak, but if a card with the latest drivers, and no overlcock active can't run a benchmark without crashing, the card might be dying? :(

Well let me tell you the story , i have first overclock my system at 4.4 and it was working fine for about a week, all games no problem at all , then i decided to overclock ram and then is when the system start to become unstable , so i get back to default ram settings , format both my ssd and hdd, now here we are,with that problem

As for furmark i can run it with 1920x1080 at both default system bios and at 4.4 . Ive just test it .

I dont think is gpu , must be something else , havent touch my gpu in terms of overclocking and besides why would i be able to play other games with no issue if it were the gpu .

Oh, so you can run Furmark. I thought you said that as soon as you would try to run it, it would crash regardless, and you could only run it at lower resolutions. That might have been a sign that the VRAM is dying? /shrug As for why certain games might crash and others not, GPU usage or VRAM usage. But again, you just said you can stress test your GPU without any issues at this point so that's not the problem.

Do you play in fullscreen or windowed mode? Some games run without any FPS lock in windowed mode, so it'll keep your GPU at nearly max load the entire time. Don't recall which one, but a game used to do this to me.

Scrapping the bottle of my barrel in terms of advice/suggestions.

I play all my games at full screen max settings , problem with the game that crushes is that when is try to load into game it goes blue screen and immediately restart , shows no error window or anything

OK, but if you go look into System Event viewer, it should give you some hints as to what is happening. Did you check that?

No how do i check that ?

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, but if you go look into System Event viewer, it should give you some hints as to what is happening. Did you check that?

No how do i check that ?

Which version of Windows are you running? 

Win 8.1 x64

Press "Windows + X" and select Event Viewer from the drop down menu. It'll log errors and system events and provide timelines for each. So you can either track back the last time you crashed and check the reported errors there. Or run the game again, crash and then when you reboot check event viewer for the most recent errors.

Press "Windows + X" and select Event Viewer from the drop down menu. It'll log errors and system events and provide timelines for each. So you can either track back the last time you crashed and check the reported errors there. Or run the game again, crash and then when you reboot check event viewer for the most recent errors.

I found it , but i am not quite sure what am i looking at here ,could you specify what to click to check for error ?

In the root tree, look at the Summary Of Admin events. Expand Critical & Error. There could be a myriad of different errors so I can't tell you which ones to look for. But you definitely want to check out both Application Error & Application Hang type of events. (both of which are in the Error sub tree)

This will allow you to at least get an error code or something to post on the LOL forums perhaps? If it's truly only that game might have something to do with your HW combination, PCs are kind of unique like that. You never know.

Edited by MedievalNerd

In the root tree, look at the Summary Of Admin events. Expand Critical & Error. There could be a myriad of different errors so I can't tell you which ones to look for. But you definitely want to check out both Application Error & Application Hang type of events. (both of which are in the Error sub tree)

This will allow you to at least get an error code or something to post on the LOL forums perhaps? If it's truly only that game might have something to do with your HW combination, PCs are kind of unique like that. You never know.

I see ,theres new event information every few mins , is that normal ?

However ive tried to run the game and theres like 4 errors , 1 critical and 1 warning happend the moment i run the game

Edited by lolita1023

What do they say? (the errors that occurred when you ran the game and crashed)

Cant believe it !!! It works omg !!!! I followed one of the error code and led me on pagefile , where it was set off , and i changed it to automatically , and now it works !!!! Wow , ty so much !! Thanks to you finally fixed it !!! Yea !!!! Thanks again so much for your fast reply's and your help !!!! Eternal appreciation !

Edited by lolita1023

Cant believe it !!! It works omg !!!! I followed one of the error code and led me on pagefile , where it was set off , and i changed it to automatically , and now it works !!!! Wow , ty so much !! Thanks to you finally fixed it !!! Yea !!!! Thanks again so much for your fast reply's and your help !!!! Eternal appreciation !

I'm glad you fixed it. I just suggested to look in the Event viewer.

Have fun,

I'm glad you fixed it. I just suggested to look in the Event viewer.

Have fun,

Yea and event viewer ended up fixing my issue !!!! Ty once again !!!!! 

Just for future reference, the common lingo would be 'crash' and not 'crush'. I'm assuming it's a language thing though so heh.

Also, just give some descriptions of terms you can use to be more descriptive about crashes.

Soft Hang - The game freezes, but the OS remains operable.

Hard Hang - The game freezes, and so does the OS. (Usually reboot is required)

Crash To Desktop - Bit self explanatory, when the game sends you back to the desktop with or without an error message.

Crash to BSOD - When you end up with the  wondrous blue screen.

I feel like an ass for mentioning this, but it's my past job that is forcing me to do so. ;) Knowledge is power!