Vista and USB 3?

NCC10281982B

I have a USB 3 PCI-e adapter card in my rig. I have tried installing the drivers from the CD several times. The install seems to go just fine, no errors. Windows says the device is working properly. BUT, when I plug a flash drive into one of the USB 3 ports the drive is not detected. Not in my computer or anything.

Furthermore the card shows up under the wrong hardware Brand (NEC) and device name in Device Manager. I also have a USB 2 NEC PCI card but I removed it for troubleshooting.

It seems that windows is mistaking the identity of the usb 3 adapter.

Ideas??

PS windows 10 can't come soon enough, I just hope it supports dual CPUs.

When you removed the usb 2 card did you also use driver sweeper to remove the drivers for it, sounds to me like the pc is installing that driver for the usb 3 card . You might have to manually install the usb 3 driver to get it to work, then again if your still using vista anything is possible as it did have it's bad points.

I tried reinstalling several times. No go. Also driver sweap gave malwarebytes fits. I am going to try running ubuntu until I can get my hands on win 10. The adapter worked fine under windows 7.