[WTB] small form factor HTPC

ivangela

From my understanding, it runs Windows 7, but requires an mSATA SSD to do so. Seems like most of these miniPCs aren't going to feature anymore than 16 or 32GB of storage, so at 64GB, the LIVA X delivers quite the storage amount (which I am assuming can be utilized as secondary storage within Windows after the mSATA SSD is installed).

You're looking for something that can run Windows 7 with on-board storage it sounds like?

From my understanding, it runs Windows 7, but requires an mSATA SSD to do so. Seems like most of these miniPCs aren't going to feature anymore than 16 or 32GB of storage, so at 64GB, the LIVA X delivers quite the storage amount (which I am assuming can be utilized as secondary storage within Windows after the mSATA SSD is installed).

You're looking for something that can run Windows 7 with on-board storage it sounds like?

Yup.

I'm not adding a thing, so the above is out!

He's just gonna do lite surfing and streaming.

Understood then. :)

I'm not totally sure what's out there that could satisfy your needs, but what about this Intel NUC Kit? 

http://www.amazon.com/Intel-Next-Computing-Black-BOXDCCP847DYE/dp/B00B7I8HZ4/

Selling right now for $142.95, but you'd need to add RAM (4GB for $30), a power cord ($5), a wireless card/dongle (maybe $20), and a storage solution (32GB mSATA SSD for $30). Total cost with the aforementioned would be roughly $228 before an input device or HDMI cable is concerned.