How Long Would you trust a PSU?

Capacitors age and components wear, but it isn't so bad as you might think...

That really depends on the conditions at which those components have been working in, for example high temperatures age capacitors prematurely, a bad fan can also permit excessive dust build up which in turn can cause components to run at higher temperatures as well... and so it goes on.

How often was the unit/PC cleared of dust in that 8 years of service?

Capacitors age and components wear, but it isn't so bad as you might think...

That really depends on the conditions at which those components have been working in, for example high temperatures age capacitors prematurely, a bad fan can also permit excessive dust build up which in turn can cause components to run at higher temperatures as well... and so it goes on.

How often was the unit/PC cleared of dust in that 8 years of service?

Pretty often for the 3 years, then I moved away and I am not sure if it was ever really cleaned. It was used a lot. Probably on at least 80% of the time.

Well I took apart the PSU again and cleaned the old grease from the Yate Loon 140mm fan and put a glob of marine grease on the shaft and it works like a charm. I got the rest of the dust chunks out while I was at it (smokers with cats :sick:)

I visually inspected it again and I found one capacitor that is suspect, bulged but not leaking yet. I might pull it and replace it but I am not sure if I am even going to worry about it.

I'm folding with a GTX 960 and GTX 660 and 2 cores of my CPU in my main with all my overclocks maxed out. This should get close to 380watts in theory. I would test it with the 7970 I have coming with the 660 but there just isn't enough PCI cables on the old girl.

Voltage is sitting at 12.10v at full load and 12.22 at idle. The measurements don't fluctuate except when the load changes significantly.

Is this ok?