I'm leaning towards the Sager as they are more customizable and have a cleaner look and feel while being in the same price bracket as the MSI. It's a shame that the keyboard and speakers on the Sager aren't nicer though. I'm hoping to make this laptop last me 3 or 4 years, so I'm not too worried about price, though I don't want to spend money where I don't need to.
Sager starting price: $1, 351.98
- "17.3 LED (1920x1080) Matte Finish @ $30.75
- GTX 675M 2GB @ $0.00 OR GTX 680M 4GB @ $507.38
- Intel i7 3630 @ $0.00
- Windows 7 Home Premium @ $82.00
- 16GB (4x4GB) 1600 @ $51.25
- 2TB (2x1TB Raid 0) 5400 RPM @ $174.25
- 64GB Crucial CM4 Caching SSD @ $102.50
- 8x DVD Reader/Writer @ $0.00
- Killer Wireless Network/Bluetooth @ $51.25
$1, 843.97 (w/ GTX 675M)
$2, 351.35 (w/ GTX 680M)
I have a few questions:
1) Does anyone know of any other laptops I should be considering?
2) Is the difference between the GTX 675 2GB and the 680 4GB big enough to justify the massive price jump? If I did go with the 675 what kind of longevity should I expect as opposed to the 680?
3) Does anyone here have experienced with Sager laptops? Are they generally sturdy and well built? How is the customer service?
Thanks in advance,