Mobo & heatsink issues

I noticed that the heatsink is causing the motherboard to bend... my mobo is a NF4 Infinity SLi, and the heatsink-fan is stock AMD ...

when the mobo is out of the case, the heatsink causes a slight bend in the motherboard...

no bend is observed however, when the heatsink is not mounted on the board, ruling out

an issue with motherboard assembly ... the retention module has a stiffner below the

CPU, and has been mounted properly... mounting on the case has been fine with board mounted properly..

I have seen previous posts in this forum, and common sense states boards should never be warped, but the rather large clamping force from the heatsink will induce a warp....

What I would like to know now is

1. Whether there is an acceptable limit for this warping, as observed by other AMD users?

2. Is it a problem with all stock AMD heatsinks?

3. Which is more likely the cause of problem

a. the retention module first Or b. the heatsink

Thanks in advance for your time and consideration

i cant answer any of the questions, but i do have the same prob...

had to use a bit of force to get the mechanisem in place, locking it was no problem...

board slightly bend...

it wasnt like that with my W.c. water block (may it r.i.p...)

A very slight amount of warping should actually be expected (though not visually percieved). The retention module is quite strong. Warping is only a problem if it is excessive and therefore capable of causing stress fractures which would probably snap resistors, bus lines, etc. I would say that if you can visually percieve the warping, then it is excessive. When I say slight warping allowed, I'm talking on the order of microns.