nF4 SLI Infinity doesn't post NEW BOARD

Hi, I'm new here but not to building computers. Built several with no problems but this latest one has been nothing but problems.

Built this outside of case on table

DFI nF4 SLI Infinity Motherboardwith an AMD 64 4000+ CPU

ROSEWILL D450-2-DB ATX V2.2 450W Power Supply

http://www.newegg.com/product/product.asp?...N82E16817182022

1GB 400(PC3200) - 1 stick KINGSTON VALUERAM

eVGA 256-P2-N443-LX Geforce 7300GT 256MB 64-bit GDDR2 PCI Express x16 Video Card

I get only 1 beep but no BIOS. I switched out the geforce card with my standard 2MB PCI diamond stealth tester card and I still get the beep and it looks ike it wants to show me a Bios/CMOS but nothing happens.

Gotta tell you this history: last week, instead of the DFI board, I assembled the same components onto an eVGA board - which would only boot to FF. (no monitor activity) I returned it DOA.

I've taken the RAM and inserted it into an old DELL, it worked and Booted.

I took the Power Supply and hooked it to 2 different Boxes (one an old p2, the other an Athlon 1100, both booted BUT I only used the 20pin connector) (the 4 pin 12v CPU power plug and the additional 4 pin plug (20+4) on the main connector have not been tested in a comparable box/mobo setup(I don't have another)

I reset/cleared the CMOS. with the PCI vid card, the green light on the monitor comes on when it beeps, but it goes no further.

I'm thinking the issue is with one of the components besides the mobo, since the eVGA board did basically the same thing.

Anyone like to offer me up a solution?

Walter

I have only used the Infinity SLI for one build however, I had no issues, the one thing I can say is the the Rosewill PSU is not the best, and I dont know the exact Power needs of the Infinity series I do know that with a better PSU you might see different results...

Also the Kingston Value Ram, DFI and Kingston tend to NOT get along, I have seen users with this ram but most of what I see are stories of the two not working with one another.

I would suggest looking into a different PSU and perhaps some different RAM...

I remove ram, totally and I get the standard long beep denoting missing or improperly installed ram..

Seems the MOBO is working, yes?

soooooo.... this leaves a bad AMD cpu or the Power Supply doesn't have enough to power this baby?

What cha''ll think?

walt:eek2:

psu, manual states & here on forums, 480watt Min

===========================

DFI Lanparty nF4 Ultra-D [bios 11/14/2005]

AMD Athlon X2 3800

Arctic Cooling Freezer 64 Pro CPU

G Skill 2x512 3200

SoundBlaster Audigy ZS2

NEC ND-4570A

200gb Maxtor Sata 8mb

Ocz Gamestream 600W

my manual says a minimum of 400w (or greater)

Well its not always quantity as much as quality...the Power provided by the Rosewill is probably less that what its rated at...I would suggest buying one of the more affordable PSUs in the Recommended list, there are plenty at a reasonable cost, and they will certianly be able to power the system...

The Kingston Ram still stands out for me as being another possible issue...

Actually, my manual (pages 70 and 71) says >=350w for his system, which would be entry level (6600GT), one video card. (The manual is actually backwards. It states that single card requires more than SLI).

I know this is not enough, but DFI would have zero legs to stand on to refuse warranty servive if someone was running a 350w PSU. They could just say, I bought a PSU according to YOUR requirements in the manual. You don't even see a 480w requirement until a single or SLI 7800GTX or higher.