(⌐■_■)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8337 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 08:04 PM

I wish I knew that earlier :(.
Is my Razer Diamondback retro yet?
s

Graciously recommended from KB, is some muffricken Christian death metal. It is a must hear, it pushes envelopes, explores new ground. Words can't describe just now incredibly awesome this is. Cue the alter smashing, bench flipping, and bible reading while thrashing away at guitars and drums.

I witnessed regional Special Olympics and Challenge Day; there's far more intellect there than there is in internet arguments.

#14 Cespenar

Cespenar

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 01:54 AM

Thanks for all your input people.
What I am going to do is buy another WD HDD black (5 yr warranty) and have the same three partitions. Windows7 on C. Games on D. Downloads and other stuff on E.
That is the same as I have now, except it's XP.
Then, if a game or three wont work with 7, I can switch out the HDD for a difference. But from what you have all said, it would be cheaper to do it Waco's way and re-do the current HDD. (I ain't rich)

Regards, C

AMD Phenom2 x4 965 @ 3.877GHz / MoBo Asus M5A99FX Pro 2. / 4 x 2Gig Corsair DDR3 @ 1599. / Evga GTX670 FTW.@(dynamic)./
500g Seagate SATA + WD320Gig SATA. / DVD Burner. / onbd sound. / Corsair 850w PSU. / Win7 Pro 64bit. At least 7 different brands to make up my water cooling loop. Monitor LG2442PA.

#15 aspevacek

aspevacek

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 288 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 08:25 AM

To get past the "upgrade" restrictions all you have to do is install Windows once without a key - let it finish the whole process - then start a new install over the top of it with your valid key. This will bypass the stupid "you must have Windows on your HDD" restriction.

I wa sjust trying to give the option of not setting thru 2 installs or windows. Most people think becaus eit says upgrade they will be restricted in what it does.

My method of install will allow a semi upgrade of XP to windows 7, by not killing your files on the windows XP disk and allowing you to transfer them to windows 7. But Kam is correct you can not do an "upgrade from windows XP" and have everything transfered automatically for you

I was just tryign to help the guy save $100 or so bucks that could be put towards something useful in the computer.
MSI Z68A-GD80 (B3)
16 GB G.Skill Sniper LV DDR3
Intel i7 2600K Swiftech Apogee XT (rev 2)
EVGA GTX 590 Classified EK-FC590 GTX - Acetal+EN (Nickel)
2 Corsair Force Series 3 SSD (boot and Apps)
2x WD Velociraptor
1X Hitachi 2TB
Cool Master HAF 922
Veiwsonic VX2433wm

#16 alishathomaz

alishathomaz

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 02:17 AM

After installing windows 7, sometimes you can play those games because every game does not require another fresh installation of the game. Those games which you can play without installing again on windows 7( fresh installation ) -- You will have to start game from beginning because all progress in game is lost.

#17 Cespenar

Cespenar

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 03:51 AM

I bought a Seagate 500gb HDD. $85 with freight. 2 year warranty.

I will get windows 7 64bit and re-install everything. Windows 7 is the expensive bit ($400). But I'll keep nagging my better half.

I'll get there eventually.

AMD Phenom2 x4 965 @ 3.877GHz / MoBo Asus M5A99FX Pro 2. / 4 x 2Gig Corsair DDR3 @ 1599. / Evga GTX670 FTW.@(dynamic)./
500g Seagate SATA + WD320Gig SATA. / DVD Burner. / onbd sound. / Corsair 850w PSU. / Win7 Pro 64bit. At least 7 different brands to make up my water cooling loop. Monitor LG2442PA.

#18 alishathomaz

alishathomaz

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 12:23 AM

For cleaning installing i would recommend to copy the saved games files and folders and after installation of windows copy the saved game files and folders in specif place as they before installation. Hope your saved games work after new installation.