eVGA x58 Motherboard Tested

jammin

If you hadn't already noticed, OCC are kicking off the week with a review of eVGA's X58 3X SLI Motherboard - http://www.overclockersclub.com/reviews/evga_x58_sli/

Does it impress? Well that's not something I'm going to give away, you'll have to read on and find out for yourself. :)

Quick update, EVGA released BIOS version SZ21 which adds XMP memory support, but the interesting part is that I've already clocked a triple channel kit over 2GHz on this board :)

• 2 months later...

What is the difference between the board tested here (132-BL-E758-A1) and the other eVGA SLI mobo (132-BL-E758-TR) aside from the $30 dollar difference? The eVGA website and manual don't offer any insight. I am looking to build a system using the eVGA mobo and am just curious.

Thanks!

From what Ive found the difference is that the A1 has a lifetime warranty and the step up plan works and the other one only has a 2 year warranty.

The 270$ & 300$ have the exact same features listed on their website and the board looks the same as well. I'm pretty sure the TR is just a newer board revision.

The cheapest of the bunch has different colors, northbridge heatsink (which looks a bit like the Classified)

It only has 6 SATA ports (the other 2 have 9), includes far fewer accessories.

Seems like a good deal though if you don't need the extra stuff

Edit: nice catch Flar!

Still running this board as my daily btw :)

Edited by Zertz