ASUS Rampage III Extreme X58 Motherboard Benched

Nemo

I actually had premarital . with this board when I first got it!

But, seriously, this is a BA mobo! The BIOS are even more sick in person. I also had a probelm with sound on my 1st board, was playing L4D2, got a crazy sound through my headset, and after that the sound would not work! RMA's the board to ASUS, and this mobo qualifies for their Advanced Replacement RMA process, which is they send you the board right away (took about 3 days), and you send the bad one in after you get the new one <-- wish all RMA processes were like that! ASUS is just a phenomenal company all around, they really stand behind their products, and with boards like this, that is an easy job! My replacement RIII has worked flawlessly, and we are now in a very commited relationship! If you get one, you will not regret it!

Very good review, I had extra interest in a review on this board, since I am now assembling my 1st computer using the ASUS Rampage III. I can see its going to be a slow process. Right now I am figuring out what the different pins are and what connector attaches to them. Soon I'll post a few pictures, along with some of the questions I have.

Feel free to send me a PM if you need some help. :thumbsup:

• 3 weeks later...

I actually had premarital . with this board when I first got it!

But, seriously, this is a BA mobo! The BIOS are even more sick in person. I also had a probelm with sound on my 1st board, was playing L4D2, got a crazy sound through my headset, and after that the sound would not work! RMA's the board to ASUS, and this mobo qualifies for their Advanced Replacement RMA process, which is they send you the board right away (took about 3 days), and you send the bad one in after you get the new one <-- wish all RMA processes were like that! ASUS is just a phenomenal company all around, they really stand behind their products, and with boards like this, that is an easy job! My replacement RIII has worked flawlessly, and we are now in a very commited relationship! If you get one, you will not regret it!

The sound on my board stopped working too. Didn't RMA it as I had already spent hours organizing the wiring. I ended up installing a SoundBlaster card.