Won't boot/ clear cmos

Thia is absolutely maddening. I've had this happen with other boards. (still waiting for gigabyte return)

Won't boot unless I clear cmos and reset clock, which doesn't stay, you have to go to last known good, etc. New battery. Speedfan says vbat 1.71, pull batt. voltmeter says 3.7.  The last time I had this I just kept plugging away and suddenly I had 4v. on vbat and all was good. I have yet to find a post anywhere that fixes this. Except one guy that just leaves his running always.

If I just stop computer, shut PSU off, hold start button, I don't have to pull batt. but have to reset clock and then F2.

You know, if I remember correctly, The last time this happened I got PO'd and whacked the battery a couple times and had vbat go to 4+. Emergency procedure #1. Not recommended, but felt good.

This just started when I unplugged the unit to test another psu and used the power cord, being too lazy to get another one. I may just wait until I get my board back, so I don't have to go through it again.

I just installed a R9 280, but this was doing this prior to that.

All the task bar icons get all srewed up, too.

Edited by skoville