Android Phone - Is it viable as a dedicated PMP? YES!

Stonerboy779

my buddy had one of the 1st Evo phones with HDMI and we used it for movie watching on a 55inch TV and it worked very well... I had thought then this would be the future for media players...

It may still be but in the form of adapters for phones and wireless connections between phones and smart tvs

Well this is insane.... as usual got the music going at work but this time I have headphones going with the FM radio in the O2X not using the loudspeaker. And after a nice hour and a half of use my battery has depleted only 1% yes 1% I didn't miss a zero or anything its quite literally insane. The class W headphone amp in the Wilson dac is beyond insanely efficient coupled with the fact my phone is probably ideling at 215mhz undervolted 50mv....

Wasted another 1-2% battery in the 5 mins I have been using cell data to write this up.

Either way I think tonight I will charge to 100% andthen leave the radio on all night so I can get a proper estimate of how efficient it is. The night after I will play a flac album on repeat with the music app. Will play another album on repeat in my iPod too as comparison. Day after that will compare spotify streaming for the night over wifi and extreme quality.