925xT2

tc187

Ok i built 2 pc's almost identical and one is noticeably faster so i downloaded cpu-z on one it says cpu speed is 3.194 mulitiplier is 16x FSB 199.7 mhz bus speed 798.6 Mhz which is what it supposed to be no? and the other cpu speed is 2.800 mulitiplier 14x FSB 200.0 bus speed 800.

PC1 is in the sig and is the 2nd listed above which is slower everything is at default settings no over clocking. My question is how do i get PC1 equal to or greater than PC2.

PC2 has

MB DFI 848P-AL

Intel® Pentium® 4 Processor Prescott 3.2GHz, 800MHz FSB, Socket 478, 1MB Cache

Western Digital WD 80GB Serial ATA 7200RPM Hard Drive w/8MB Buffer

Kingston HyperX 1GB DDR500 PC4000

ATI Radeon 9800 PRO AGP 8X 256MB DDR

Antec TruePower True480 480W

Thermaltake SViking

if you need more info let me know thanks

I have to be blunt about this as there is some definit lack of research pertaining to the chipsets used to do the comparison... My sincere apologies to everyone who reads this...

tc187: You are comparing 2 different chipsets, one budget and one higher-ended, against each other. What I perceive as happening (if it has not already occured) is the expectation that both chipsets are equal and will perform the same, for which they aren't and won't. The 1st chipset will be faster by default because of its design. The 2nd chipset will not compare, nor compete to the 2nd chipset mentioned. Period.

I must re-implement that all chipsets are not equal even though they perform the same function relative to CPU being used...

If you need anymore explenation as to why, please e-mail me instead of posting here...